New to FTF

watermill

Hi everyone,

Newly joined to FTF today so thought i'd introduce myself. Kentish based and been in farming all my life which has now lead to the waste industry, recycling various materials to Agriculture. We have Terragators and Black Beauty Fendts out there spreading away!

On the collection front i'm a 1/32 aholic. Buy all the new stuff as it appears and have slowly but surely managed to find pretty high amount of boxed Britains items going back to good old days!!! Have some gems!

Looking forward to FTF.

Cheers

Charlie

Hello, Charlie.

Welcome aboard, if you're a 'holic already then this place will offer you no therapy! :D :D What it will offer you however is oodles of info, up to the minute info on new releases, diorama tips, conversions and of course a great community spirit with laughs and banter all the way.

Now.... Onto the serious stuff. You're in trouble already. Myself and Joe (catkom3) are big fans of TerraGators and having mentioned you work with them and not posted a photo, we will be heading to Kent next week to put you in the stocks. Unbelievable.

I spent a time working for Agrivert mainly driving a then brand new Scania 8x4 bulker on cake haulage. It did however involve many weekends on overtime spreading with a 2104 or a Fendt 514c with a Tebbe spreader. Joe has built a newer TerraGator using a Norscot Challenger front end and in a word, it'a awesome.

Again, welcome aboard. Regards, Tris :)

• Like 1

Welcome to the mad house Charlie...seriously it's not that bad there serious collectors as well as some nutters on here ;D ....I have to raise my hand and say I am a 1:32'aholic like Sue and well I am nearing a collection of 1,000 pieces of boxed Britain's....well 985 to be precise and well I'm sure there could be a few more before the year is out.

In addition I have a small collection of 1/16 Scale SpecCast Farmall Cubs to compliment my small real deal collection of 5 vintage tractors ...two of which are Farmall Cubs...a 1951 American one and a 1957 French one.

Finally I have a collection of around 80 Border Fine Arts tractors and most of these are around 1/16 scale although there are some 1/32 ones as well.

Now we are a nosy bunch on here so please post up photos of your collection please.

Hi and thank you very much for the replies, i've been a Britains alholic since i was old enough (probably since 74 - 75), lost interest for a couple of years when the teens hit, but got back into it with a vengance. And e bay helped with trying to fill in the gaps in the Britains collection, and of course now we have UH & all the other model makers out there which is great.

i will try and work out how to put some pics up, the collection is a nit big though but i will do some of it.

i will also see if i can minimise some of the Terragator pictures to load up, we have 2 four wheelers, Challengar T'gators, the rest of our spreading fleet is Fendts & Bunnings. Great kit! And we have 8x4 Scanias too for moving cake. All good fun!

What Bunnings is it you run? After Wessex Water did away with contractors and took the spreading in house, it was Bunning Lowlandera they opted for. I did a summer for them (I'm self employed nowadays) and thought they were a bloody good bit of kit. In two teams if two we could knock out 1000t on a good day per team. I did believe the spreading pattern was superior to the Tebbes too but the cake had changed inbetween times which may have been a factor. I really look forward to your photos (I have Scania blood having mainly driven them in my jobs) all mine are on here somewhere. Most in my topic in Farm Talk - A Few Pics From Around The Farms.

:)

We currently have 150 Lowlanders, but we have just ordered some 230's! Massive. Fendt 939's to go on the front of them!

We have had one Bunning just did 1000 t this year, average is somewhat lower though. Superb kit - self steering, wiegh cells etc etc. nice stuff.

How do i load photos up? I'm having a thick moment and cant do it? Going to get some dinner in a min but will upload some pictures when i return!

Welcome Charlie. I started like yourself with 1/32 new sfuff & then began picking up old 70's & 80's Britains gear from EBAY from as you say the good old days. Fire up a few pics of your collection some time. Love to see it!!! ;) BEWARE! This forum will give you a serious addiction.

Thank you, yes 1/32 is certainly my addiction, i spend far to much on it like we all do i guess.

As soon as i can work out how to get some photos on here i will, and i will take some of the collection and upload them, been lucky enough to gain a large dbp collection too which i'm really pleased with.

We currently have 150 Lowlanders, but we have just ordered some 230's! Massive. Fendt 939's to go on the front of them!

We have had one Bunning just did 1000 t this year, average is somewhat lower though. Superb kit - self steering, wiegh cells etc etc. nice stuff.

How do i load photos up? I'm having a thick moment and cant do it? Going to get some dinner in a min but will upload some pictures when i return!

Welcome to the site Charlie will be keeping a eye or 2 out for these pic's plus really want to see a Lowlander 230 mmmmmm ;D

when you get them up. If you have a look at my topics in farmtalk you will see I up load all my pictures using Photobucket once you up load your pictures to photobucket copy the URL code then head back to FTF start a new Topic you will see at the top of the light blue box a littel picture icon click that and then paste your URL code ino it and your picture will come up

Click on More Reply Options which will take you to a new page with a nother reply window. Under the window is where you browse and add a photo, don't forget to click on Attach! I think you can do a few like this, they appear as thumbnails in your post and then enlarge when we click on them to view.

Or, cut and paste links from (if you use) Photobucket, Flickr and so on.

230?!!! Jesus wept!

TerraGator's AND Black Beauty Fendt's,you lucky whatsit,Oh and welcome to Looney Tunes,sounds like you'll fit in well,and after Tris's brilliant invite,here are a few piccy's of my TerraGator 2244 with Tebbe style fertiliser spreader,

Terra1-1.jpg

Terra2-1.jpg

Terra3-1.jpg

Regards

Joe.

Click on More Reply Options which will take you to a new page with a nother reply window. Under the window is where you browse and add a photo, don't forget to click on Attach! I think you can do a few like this, they appear as thumbnails in your post and then enlarge when we click on them to view.

Or, cut and paste links from (if you use) Photobucket, Flickr and so on.

230?!!! Jesus wept!

CAM down Tris :laugh: :laugh: no sack that yes im up to high doe waiting to see these 230s ;D

wow, firstly i have to say thanks for all the help with the picture uploading, i will have a go in a bit, but secondly i cant beleive that Terragator model - that is exactly what we run, even down to the wooden greedy boards- i'm very very impressed with that.

i feel i should make an effort and picture the collection, i have a worn out debit / credit card to show for it!

our new 230 spreaders will be coming in Black, (Black Beauty fendt black), with red wheels, the 939's will come in as Black beauty's (to join the 2 x 828's and 2 black beauty 724's that we just ordered for the lime spreaders), so hopefully will look amazing (fingers crossed). The 2 x 828's we have look brilliant, as per my photo, they are in black with lime green spreaders.

• Like 1

We only spread for proabaly 5 months a year, weather dependant. We work in 10 counties overall so get about a bit, we spread compost and papaer sludge too. Paper sludge is how i git into it years ago,

We have a busy year with the trucks, never a dull moment there, 52 weeks a year!

Ah I see do you just spread on stubble or would you be spreading on grass as well it would be a thing I would like to find more about it as I think it would be something take would take off over with me and it could be something I could get into.

Its mostly stubble, odour is a problem over here, so spreading on grass and not incorporating causes issues. We do a bit where we can. We spread about 350,000 tonnes a year so try and get as much done out of season as possible, tough though! Especially in Kent, where 2 or 3 lexions are eating acres and Quadtraks or chanllengers are then chasing us round the fields!