NCC's Hay and Silage Making Tackle

NCC

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cant you hire it from him on quiet days ??? ???...best of both worlds ;D

I've done the odd bit of carting etc with the Fastrac went up Lincs a few months back for some veg waste :D :D, Never really asked about hiring it though :-\ :-\

You can only drive one at once :D :D :D

Nice photo's Nath and FB. Nice to see what you have tucked away down at NCC Manor. Lovely mower, they were the norm round here for years. I know of one which is still going.

If you drive a Fastrac hard you'll get the most out of your wallet too though!! ;)

Can you imagine that on your Griffiths hauling dung Nath?!! :D :D

Is it a 3185 if it is be a bit of a jump from the 6180, when drive it the only way to drive fastracs is hard so get most from well thats what i've been told

Pay attenion now Phillip ;), it's a 3155 autoshift, with very bouncy suspension  :D :D :D :D

Nice photo's Nath and FB. Nice to see what you have tucked away down at NCC Manor. Lovely mower, they were the norm round here for years. I know of one which is still going.

If you drive a Fastrac hard you'll get the most out of your wallet too though!! ;)

Can you imagine that on your Griffiths hauling dung Nath?!! :D :D

Cheers Tris, yeah the Taarups are good solid mowers we've got 2 and both are still going strongly, well only one is at the moment as I blew the gearbox up big time in the other but thats a different story :-\ ::). Easy to maintain and run though, just getting hard nowadays to source parts  :-\ :-\ :-\

I dread to think what a fastrac could do to the Griffiths, shredded tyres, snapped axle, ripped up drawbar, chaasis in 2 halves :o :o :o :o Would be fun though  :D :D :D :D

What have you done, gone showing me haybobs in March  >:( I have to spend a good 4 months a year with one of them , I hate them, so small, and when you pull in to a 20 acre field look behind at it looking at you, and you think to yourself here goes 3 hours  ::)  :D :D

Nice kit nath, what silage trailers have you got for the Jaguar?

Ok 3155 never see many of them down here all 3185 so i guessed, and to deere'est no matter how you drive fastracs they always use hell of a lot of fuel

I dont think I have ever seen a 3155 either MFf. All 3185's down here too. They certainly are guzzler, driven right though you can make a dent in the costs.

I reckon your right NCC, you just aswell tow the trailer straight to the knackers yard, thats where it'll end up in the long run!! How long you had those Taarups then?

You still use haybobs  :o :o :o:D :D :D;) ;)

I use to feel the same when we used haybobs to ted out was so hot and boring sat in the 7740. We have a good 21 acre field that use to take two and a half hours with two of us at it, it's pretty thick grass so you can't go that fast through it otherwise it starts missing lumps ::) ::)

Can do 20 acre in an hour though now easily, open all 25ft up and away you go at 15k :D :D :D :D

Got an assortment of trailers or the Jag:

8 ton AS Marton x 2

6 ton Griffiths

4 ton ECE

and we borrow one from a neighbouring farm, last year it was a 10 ton Marshall ;) ;) ;)

I think it's a different ECE to the spreader manufactuer Martin, to be honest I'm not even sure it is a ECE as the logos have all but disappeared with age, I just seem to recall ECE thats all :-\ :-\ :-\

I'll get you some pics of though Martin, it's minus one wheel at the moment though after I  burrowed one from it when I had the blowout on the Griffiths :D :D ::) ::)

I think it's a different ECE to the spreader manufactuer Martin, to be honest I'm not even sure it is a ECE as the logos have all but disappeared with age, I just seem to recall ECE thats all :-\ :-\ :-\

I'll get you some pics of though Martin, it's minus one wheel at the moment though after I  burrowed one from it when I had the blowout on the Griffiths :D :D ::) ::)

Thanks Nath, would be interesting to see mate...... :) :) ;)

use to feel the same when we used haybobs to ted out was so hot and boring sat in the 7740

Same for me in the 6640, both doors wide open, guzzling Robinsons apple and blackcurrant in my polo shirt  :D :D

I had a breif stint in our 7740 last summer silage carting, as the massey had blown a hose to the spool block :o :o

Furk me was it hot in that cab, heater was on full wack blowing out hot air ::), doors closed for me though otherwise I get hayfever :D :D, guzzling Robinsons summer fruit in my Hackett polo top :D :D :D :D

We could be long lost brothers Luke, you weren't born in Exeter hosiptal where you ??? ??? :-\ :-\ :D :D

No Barnstaple - But we could be related in a round about way  :D :D :-\

Big 2 litre Robinsons bottle with a Case Polo shirt on - getting on marvelously in Medium 2 tedding thick grass  ::) in the hot summer sun listening to colin and edith, suprisingly sat here now in the cold I want to be back there again  :)

No Barnstaple - But we could be related in a round about way  :D :D :-\

Big 2 litre Robinsons bottle with a Case Polo shirt on - getting on marvelously in Medium 2 tedding thick grass  ::) in the hot summer sun listening to colin and edith, suprisingly sat here now in the cold I want to be back there again  :)

Used to live down down in Sunny Sidmouth before we moved up here, had to get away from the tourists, only to find more of em up here :D :D :D :D

It's 2nd D for me when I'm tedding in the Massey sometimes in to 3rd B aswell when it's light enough. Would love to be doing a bit of tedding now, memories of tedding right behind a McCormick MC 135 and Kuhn FC 303, spreading 3 swaths at once while listening to Tim Westwoooood  on Radio 1. Can remember that like yesterday, think I finished 3.30am Saturday morning ;D ;D ;D:P :P

Does it have from left to right:

Powerstar SLE Transmission

Hand Throttle

Shuttle Control with hand clutch

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 gear lever with tortoise and hare

and then another lever with tortoise and hare on near the door

Or:

Powerstar SL Transmission

Hand Throttle

Shuttle Contol with hand clutch

1,2,3,4 Gear lever

High Low Medium range near the door?