NCC's Hay and Silage Making Tackle

NCC

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant wait till this years harvest slightly later but applies to me as my kind of kit  :D :D :D nice 30ft header attached to a lexion 580TT is there a better site  :D :D ok maybe a MF 8280 and Fendt 9300 in same field working

I cant wait till this years harvest slightly later but applies to me as my kind of kit  :D :D :D nice 30ft header attached to a lexion 580TT is there a better site  :D :D ok maybe a MF 8280 and Fendt 9300 in same field working

:o::)

First cut, the smell of grass and the summer sun, images that stay with you forever  :)

I prefer the Ford Gears to the 4245 pile of crap I know that's hard to believe but ask any MF 4245 driver if they like the gears i'd be suprised if someone said yes, because drawing silage up a hill and having to change complete range and gear all on one stick is a nightmare  :-\

The Ford 6640 is 4 cylinder 76HP

And the Ford 7740 is 4 cylinders at 86HP

Aye aye aye !!! I'll have none of this dissing of 40 series Fords thank you. Sparrowlegs is making me a 7840 SL as we speak as this along with the 390T was my main motor in my first job. M reg, owned from new and pulled aswell as an 8240 SLE because it didn't have all the electronics. No trouble with it in the 6yrs I was there. The gearbox niggle we had was 2nd to 3rd, if you got lazy and went diagonal you'd jam in 2nd with the lever in neutral. Scrabble underneath, remove rubber boot, whack linkage with something heavy and away you go again!!!

Guest Fendt pwr

Sounds like an old MF 35 I used to drive.2nd to 3rd to fast and the stick would get locked up so you had to do a deere-est repair job to it and then off you would go again. ;):D :D :D :D

• 2 years later...