NCC's Hay and Silage Making Tackle

NCC

Managed to snap a few pics today of some of our hay and silage making equipment. There currently all stored at our secret hideout awaiting summer, when they'll be washed off and bought back to life :D :D :D :D

First up the Kuhn GF 7601 tedder, looking rather drib drab in these pics :-\ :-\ :-\

She isn't though :D :D :D

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice pics Nath, :)

whats the little tractor in the rear ???  :-\

Cheers Ben, you'll be seeing plenty more come summer ;) ;) ;)

That tractor is a Ford 550 :-\ digger, it's not ours, it's just stored there ;) ;)

stupid question Nath ::), but me not being agriculturally minded i have to ask these questions, and i know you like to answer them :D, does the 'tedder' just 'fluff' the grass up for drying etc. and 'bob' put it into rows? ??? ???

the welger chamber baler in the back ground looks nice not a fan of chamber balers personally but nice piece of kit

Ah yes the Welger RP 202 or 220 as I keep calling it, bought new in 2003::)::) Excellent baler in grass, nice solid bales and very easy to maintain and work with. Stuggled with straw last year though, shear bolts kept shearing and the bales weren't that solid, was baling behind 2 25ft Case Axial Flow's though :o :o :o :o :o

Ah yes the Welger RP 202 or 220 as I keep calling it, bought new in 2003::)::) Excellent baler in grass, nice solid bales and very easy to maintain and work with. Stuggled with straw last year though, shear bolts kept shearing and the bales weren't that solid, was baling behind 2 25ft Case Axial Flow's though :o :o :o :o :o

if only spelling awards weren't suspended  :( :( :D :D

keep up the pics Nath  :) :)

stupid question Nath ::), but me not being agriculturally minded i have to ask these questions, and i know you like to answer them :D, does the 'tedder' just 'fluff' the grass up for drying etc. and 'bob' put it into rows? ??? ???

I get asked this question quite alot ;) ;) :D :D

Your right though, a tedder just spreads and fluffs the grass up to aid in drying and to break the waxy layers on the blades of grass, otherwise known as conditioning.

A haybob can ted and row up the grass though, by adjusting the angle of the tines and gates you can spread the grass (gates open) or row it up ready for the baler (gates closed) we only use the haybobs for rowing up though ;) ;)

Hope that helps ;):)

I see a fastrac there mate not been trying 'new' tractors have you  :D???:D

;D ;D ;D That's my mates Fastrac. He's really struggling to find work for it at the moment. He's a big plant man so this is normally on building sites and the likes with his Komatsu 360's etc carting away. The problem is the sites he's on at the moment don't want a fastrac running, so he's not sure whether to sell or not :o :o

You know were it will be heading though if the price is right, yep to NCC ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D That's my mates Fastrac. He's really struggling to find work for it at the moment. He's a big plant man so this is normally on building sites and the likes with his Komatsu 360's etc carting away. The problem is the sites he's on at the moment don't want a fastrac running, so he's not sure whether to sell or not :o :o

You know were it will be heading though if the price is right, yep to NCC ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

cant you hire it from him on quiet days ??? ???...best of both worlds ;D