Hicksy at work photos

Hicksy

Hi Robert, from what I can remember were dad worked they had three135's one 175, one 185 and a 188 before then though there was 65's and that was dads first tractor Then came the 500 series and they two 595's and a 590 plus the 188 and the 135's can't remember when dads ford 5000 fitted in but after his 595 he had the ford 8100 and then a couple of internationals 956xl's came for the other drivers and that's when the fergies went the 188 stayed a while and had a side mounted hedge trimmer put on it and I think the 135's were ran until they stopped , my very first summer holiday job at dads place of work was corn cart with a 135 and I was pulling a Pettit ten ton grain trailer with wooden sides , one of the ones in my silage photos those little tractors were amazing when I think back now .

Have you uploaded any photographs of this Phil? Cheers

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you uploaded any photographs of this Phil? Cheers

I'm afraid I have no evidence of this so wish I had I was busy chasing two clayson 1540's combines with the 135 I can remember I was flat out trying to keep up with them it was great that's when we had proper summers

Phillip what year was that Wilder photographed and do you know the reg? I used to use one on the farm I started out on, it was C reg and I believe it is still going now!!

Hi tris the photo was taken in 1998 and I think the wilder was two or three years old then , just remember'd it was the second one I have driven , the first place where I worked bought one and had a feed hopper made for it to feed out door pigs ,

Brilliant little truck, very light footprint. Yours shows only one difference in that I think the one I used had just the one rear work lamp. We also made a frame for the back to put the fertiliser spinner on. It had a hydraulic top link and worked well until I pulled the wrong lever and dumper 1.5t of fertliliser on a headland and it cracked the additional chassis ......

Very nice pictures again Philip. Do you know what make of sprayer it is in the last photo's? The truck couldn't have had much clearance I think?

Hi Niels the truck was a british built machine built by wilder and the sprayer sat on top was a technoma , Clearence was ok in wheat but it was a bit short for rape It was nice and light though and traveled well

Went to lamma show today was very nippy indeed took my camera but only took theses two pictures , saw lots of models to, nearly bought a wiking class 950 from I think a foriegn dealer and they were selling at a very competitive price , but I have two tractor dealers near by and one does staff discount and the other does 20% so i resisted but it was great so many models that were on my wish list.

The new mf 2000 tractors look nice as do the ford tw's but don't they look small.

e3df7bc791f2edc5b3d24e2783f2768e.jpg

11dc74e9c4cbddf280426cd97f927c4d.jpg

This was a beast of a tractor , agco had a great display of tractors wish I took more pictures but I couldn't keep taking my big thick nice and warm gloves off ,sorry

I thought it was Austrian and the importer was Wilder? On the front grill it said something like Reform Muli or something. Looks like a cold day up there, did you see the FTF / Model Farmer stand at all?

I thought it was Austrian and the importer was Wilder? On the front grill it said something like Reform Muli or something.

Looks like a cold day up there, did you see the FTF / Model Farmer stand at all?

Tris you are right about the wilder yes it was imported I forgot that bit , I did see the FTF stand !nearly bought a subscription for the model farmer mag but my wallet had frozen together ,

Well I have been let out in the fields again , this is the first time I've driven a tractor in a field since mid October

b2a0fde8926ade9e586518b5bec35085.jpg

ed4942ff98b25b2867dd7acfd637d1fc.jpg

1cefb41b2e46eb6de736b896930ad82d.jpg

8f6ed7d1b0c821b54fcca89ff7e69bd4.jpg

40e15dad477ac0e2fcc2098ca031119f.jpg

Borrowing this from the chap who helps us in the summer , it's been a nice warm job to back on it again tomorrow .

looks like a nice trimmer to use being forward reach and all electric?

looks like a nice trimmer to use being forward reach and all electric?

It is , i normally don't do any hedge cutting as I suffer badly with a knackerd neck , but the forward reach helps greatly , the electric controls are lively but once use to them they are great to use .

Which controls do you have for the hedger

Not being ours I don't know is there different options for controllers , this has a square box which attaches to the arm rest, joy stick control with two roller switches for the forward reach and to move the main arm, forward and reverse buttons for the rota , float for the head. I will have a look for you tomorrow

Not being ours I don't know is there different options for controllers , this has a square box which attaches to the arm rest, joy stick control with two roller switches for the forward reach and to move the main arm, forward and reverse buttons for the rota , float for the head. I will have a look for you tomorrow

Thats the xtc controls then. We brought a new hedger with the xtc controls and we find its nice controls to use

Nice looking bit of kit, Phillip. Looks like a wide head too, not many passes needed with that monster! Up the log yard we have a three year old McConnel, forget the model but it's a Hi-Reach extendable jobby but not forward reach. It has electric controls also but sounds like they are the predecessor to this, nice all the same though from what I have done with it. I'm used to three levers or a joystick with a top rocker switch for the head and that's it!!

I bet! Funny your should say that actually. A CAT rep in an Oklahoma dealership told me that CAT adopted the joystick to entice people into the industry as it was something that kids were already familiar with. Sounds like lunacy but you can see where they were coming from.

Got some oldies from we're I am now, the first is ford 3930's we had three of these to feed the out door pigs we used to have all with feeder wagons on made by our selves , the tractors arrived at out dealers on steel wheels and then we bought wide tyres and had rims made for all of them then made bars to fit under the tractors and feeder to push the eletric fences down with out any snagging , so the tractors could drive any were on the unit with out having to stop and drop the wire fences, they were great little tractors .

scan0029-1.jpg

Our old jd 2064

scan0027-1.jpg

This sort of goes with current weather

scan0018-1.jpg

This was on demo before I had my jd 8100 a jd 7700 nice tractor

scan0039-1.jpg

scan0038-1.jpg

scan0037-1.jpg

Here's some more older ones

My 4455

scan0025-1.jpg

scan0015.jpg

And with our 4650, I have shown a similar picture but I got both tractors in this one.

scan0014.jpg

The demo 7700 again

scan0036-1.jpg

This was the first 8100 our jd dealer had in this was on demo after the 7700 , we were looking for a replacement tractor for my 4455 .out At home with my two very young sons in there pj's

Can't believe how the yard has changed in this picture as its all car parks and offices now .

scan0041-1.jpg

scan0042-1.jpg

Archived