Hicksy at work photos

Hicksy

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you know what I have never ever looked at a fendt up until last years cearels show , I sat in a 936 and felt very at home in it straight away, every one on the BFF forum who has one seems too love um , hope to try one when we can get on

the 936 is the best tractor I've ever owned and operated, doesn't seem to burn much fuel either, even when pulling a tri axel low loader and 16 ton excavator, there isn't much fuel used

Basically Phil, you've driven all the big boys toys!! You. ... Are one lucky sod!!

How did the Challenger appear then as it looks like a rogue in amongst all the green purchases?

Hi tris, I have driven a few big'uns haven't really thought about that Until you mentioned it should have a picture of a cat 865c as I had one on demo before we bought my 95 but can't find my photos of that , the 765 back in 2005 was miles better than the jd 8000 series so it was the right tractor for us, It did us well but with a couple of dodgy autumns it became obvious it was man enough that's why we went up to the next size in crawlers,

And by the sounds of it, there will always be a crawler now then? Good that you get the demos to try because these days it is big money for this kit. Will your current Deere by superseded by a like for like green one do you think?

And by the sounds of it, there will always be a crawler now then? Good that you get the demos to try because these days it is big money for this kit. Will your current Deere by superseded by a like for like green one do you think?

I will more than likely have another jd crawler was due to have my next one in 2015 but now the combine has been put back because of the weather were having and lack of crops in the ground not sure when I will get a new one, but I will try a quadtrac first and our local new holland dealer would like me to try the nh t9000 artic

What fert do you use and how do you spread fert and lime at your place? We put our base fert and side dressings through a three tone sulky on the back of a Ford 7740. The first tone cant come out the back fast enough. Haha.

Hi light land we use liquid fert now have done for the last 7 years and a contractor comes in the summer to put compound and the lime on with a big a three wheeler,

Hi all here's a few more pictures of my oldies

scan0016.jpg

The other tractor driver that used to work here had this jd 4650 when I started here,

scan0020.jpg

That was replaced with a 4955

scan0021.jpg

Our 6800

scan0022.jpg

scan0023.jpg

One of our past sprayers, this is what I started here with then a Bateman Hilo then the househam and now the Deere

scan0024.jpg

We had this to a 8640 but she went with the 4650 when the 4955 came ,

scan0025.jpg

Had three of these all bought at the same time 2 fwd's and a 2 wheel drive we use to share these I used the 2 wheel drive for mowing and a fwd for spreading fert plus they did all our haulage work.

scan0026.jpg

scan0027.jpg

scan0028.jpg

scan0029.jpg

scan0030.jpg

These came in 1988 i took these pictures in 1989 when I started

You have a complete history of agriculture on large english farms over the last 25 years, your pictures are stunning!

I have never, ever seen a set of floats in the UK like the ones on that 7810, that is awesome. I guess you have problems with soft ground on occasion.

I started reading this earlier today and it was like 8 pages of suspense!

Great pictures Hicksey, I am guessing you cant be too far away from where I work as from your pictures I guess you are based in Bletchingdon? I think I have seen your big JD around that area once or twice in the last couple of years.

Cheers , message sent to you

You have a complete history of agriculture on large english farms over the last 25 years, your pictures are stunning!

I have never, ever seen a set of floats in the UK like the ones on that 7810, that is awesome. I guess you have problems with soft ground on occasion.

I started reading this earlier today and it was like 8 pages of suspense!

Thanks dale for your kind comments, yea it can get a little soft round here in fact its pretty much flooded right now , I have found a load more old school pictures from my past years of farming I have been looking for them for ages, I just need to get them scanned now they go back to my first job when I left school and my first tractor that was bought for me

Found loads more photos tonight in the loft that I need to scan but I have to install a new printer first they are from this farm and back to well a long time ago , the last pictures are from 1989 on this farm the next three are from my previous job started it in April 1988 and was made redundant in April 1989 then moved here in may 1989 so it turned out well for us

Here is my tractor I had for that year a international 5288

scan0033.jpg

scan0032.jpg

scan0031.jpg

Then back to my first job when I left school at the good old age of 15 the last tractor I had there was this little gem

scan0034.jpg

scan0035.jpg

Archived