Hicksy at work photos

Hicksy

I think I have passed you on the A34 by the Shell garage where the lorries park overnight now come to think of it :D

More than liklely, moved my 95 back to our main yard to day so I was back on the a34 coming home

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

great topic phillip , great to see your machines kept clean and tidy

i work for a jd dealer and have driven a 9630t (although not to far) , huge machines arnt they.

How do you find driving the sprayer with the booms folded in ? I have heard there not the best for the view

rich

great topic phillip , great to see your machines kept clean and tidy

i work for a jd dealer and have driven a 9630t (although not to far) , huge machines arnt they.

How do you find driving the sprayer with the booms folded in ? I have heard there not the best for the view

rich

Hi rich I think the view is good , sat up nice and high forward and side vision is good it's easy to judge the width because you look down to the boom , rear view is like all sp sprayers not great but we have a decent rear camera that comes up on the 2630 screen, junctions are the problem with the boom out in front of he bonnet, Which dealer do you work for

Phil

Hi rich I think the view is good , sat up nice and high forward and side vision is good it's easy to judge the width because you look down to the boom , rear view is like all sp sprayers not great but we have a decent rear camera that comes up on the 2630 screen, junctions are the problem with the boom out in front of he bonnet, Which dealer do you work for

Phil

i work for rea valley tractors in shropshire,

more great pictures of the 7930 and 7230, have you had many problems with the 7r? and how does it compare workwise to the 7930 ?

i work for rea valley tractors in shropshire,

more great pictures of the 7930 and 7230, have you had many problems with the 7r? and how does it compare workwise to the 7930 ?

Thanks, I had no problems that stopped me, but error codes of ever nature kept popping up through out the day, and when started for the first time in the morning alarms were going off for all sorts, and the 2630 screen wouldn't talk to the tractor screen then the opposite then both freeze , but as a driver I could wright a list of things I didn't like ,work wise don't think there was any thing between the 2 tractors

the 7r's seam to have had some teething problems but there getting better and better, there is just so much electrics and controllers on them, but when there going right they are some tractor

First thing they need to do is make the cab quieter when working its ok running about and on the road and stop the heat under the floor coming in, and make the steering as light as older models , as I am now seeing my doctor for acupuncture atm on my left shoulder due to the steering being heavier , afraid it's put me off them gonna try some other colours once we can get back on the ground again

First thing they need to do is make the cab quieter when working its ok running about and on the road and stop the heat under the floor coming in, and make the steering as light as older models , as I am now seeing my doctor for acupuncture atm on my left shoulder due to the steering being heavier , afraid it's put me off them gonna try some other colours once we can get back on the ground again

I for one can't wait, based on what we've seen so far 8)

So do you have three drills then, Phil or did the Horsch replace the Vaderstad? Is the plough on the 7R also new to the farm or hired with the tractor?

Some tremendous photos, you have had your work cut out with the ploughing. It couldn't look more of a rough job to start but the photo of the finished field shows you're a true ploughman. All credit to you. I'd love a day riding around with you!

shame the new deere isnt up to your likeing phil, but a few people i know are saying the same thing. we run 3 deeres, a lot smaller than yours though [3350, 6910 and 6920] i had the same heavy steering problem when the 6920 arrived and i flagged it up with the gaffer and the dealers. the dealer[tuckwells] came out and done a test on the power steering and said it was how the tractor is supposed to be. after a few days ploughing i had to add a steering wheel knob and this helped no-end. 700 hours later the steering packed up and a new pump was put on, and then you could turn the wheel with a finger. you may just have the same problem, have you had it checked? our 6910 is due for a change this winter and the 6150r was looked at but in our opinion was to over complicated for our 550 acres. and i didnt like the cab having no side windows. just as a new holland was being lined up[7.210] deere launched the 6150m, and this suits our needs much better. i know the m series wont be any good for your size operation phil, but deere seem to have realised they had a very good cab/layout on the old 6000 series and some farmers are happy to keep it simple. that new deere you have is a top spec tractor, for top money, so you really expect to sit on it and be happy dont you.

So do you have three drills then, Phil or did the Horsch replace the Vaderstad? Is the plough on the 7R also new to the farm or hired with the tractor?

Some tremendous photos, you have had your work cut out with the ploughing. It couldn't look more of a rough job to start but the photo of the finished field shows you're a true ploughman. All credit to you. I'd love a day riding around with you!

Thankyou for your kind comments, we do have three drills the vardy is our main drill, the horsch bought second hand three years ago just to plant winter beans, and the combi was a just in case drill , the 6 furrow plough is new and owned by the chap who helps with corn cart and rolling his 7530 couldn't handle it this year so we hired it to make more use out of the 7r , next year give me a shout and pop over hope we have a better summer ,

shame the new deere isnt up to your likeing phil, but a few people i know are saying the same thing. we run 3 deeres, a lot smaller than yours though [3350, 6910 and 6920] i had the same heavy steering problem when the 6920 arrived and i flagged it up with the gaffer and the dealers. the dealer[tuckwells] came out and done a test on the power steering and said it was how the tractor is supposed to be. after a few days ploughing i had to add a steering wheel knob and this helped no-end. 700 hours later the steering packed up and a new pump was put on, and then you could turn the wheel with a finger. you may just have the same problem, have you had it checked? our 6910 is due for a change this winter and the 6150r was looked at but in our opinion was to over complicated for our 550 acres. and i didnt like the cab having no side windows. just as a new holland was being lined up[7.210] deere launched the 6150m, and this suits our needs much better. i know the m series wont be any good for your size operation phil, but deere seem to have realised they had a very good cab/layout on the old 6000 series and some farmers are happy to keep it simple. that new deere you have is a top spec tractor, for top money, so you really expect to sit on it and be happy dont you.

I see Chris they are putting a new dash in the m series cab and some other mods, it's funny I quite like the 6 r cab but I've only driven one for ten minutes if we still had the 7r on hire I was gonna try a steering wheel knob , I like the the older cab but have to admit I prefer it with out side windows think they call it panorama cab , we are going to try a new holland t7,270 once we can get going again

Archived