Hicksy at work photos

Hicksy

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you to all above much appreciated , Andrew my camera is a Sony point and shoot there's a few settings I play with but I am no expert although my trusty old camera won me a first prize on another forum which also caught the eye of the manufacture in question and congratulated me via twitter which made my day , I'm looking to change my camera this year perhaps in the spring fingers crossed.

This was my winning photo,

5f514134.jpg

Any way enough of that and back to tractors ,the next one is dads tw10 pull starting a grey fergie which I had practicing for my first ploughing match at the young age of 13,I'm in the tw and dad' on the fergie

scan0005.jpg

scan0009-1.jpg

Next tractor for dad going in reverse order still is his 8100 for me this is when tractors started to grow into what we got now , again both of us in it

scan0003-1.jpg

scan0004.jpg

Shame the dam thing kept ripping its self to bits in the back end

great pics as always phil. that wilder pressure harrow brings back a few fond memories for me. been a good few years since i last used one. i bet a few more farmers had wished they had kept theirs this year, they were great for harrowing in wheat that had been spun on in a wet spell.

Hi all thought I would add some more oldies and just for a change there not blue or green, the first one is of me in dads mf595 with a three day old Howard 250 muck spreader I was 11 yrs and loving every minute of this .

scan0002.jpg

One of dads work mates in a 188

scan0012.jpg

Once dads had trained me up he was able to stay on the weatherhill loading shovel and kept his boots cleaned

scan0011.jpg

scan0010.jpg

And this last one was one of his favourite tractors I'm sure I had a ride in but even I was to young to drive it

scan0001.jpg

You could hear old girl from miles away when hard at work

Weatherhill? Never heard of this make before. Looks quite cramped in that cab!

Hi the cab was okay my dad used to love driving this it was very quick loading on concrete he used it for loading straw , grain lorrys and muck also forage at one point they had two of them they were tools

love the older pics mate, those older tractors seemed to have so much more identity and charm  to them in those days, no matter what brand, compaired to modern kit, that most time now, bar colour can so often look the same as the next make beside it, can remember them weatherhills being used  at the coal yard at diss rail station when i was a kid, was always the first thing you really saw as you came in

it  is mate,even within a make like say mf, different models had different looks, now its just one part fits all, so the smallest can look like the biggest , still intrests me hugely, but i dont tend to look / spot as much as i do when i know older kits arround ,always look for older stuff before new when up suffolk, or driving round this way to

Glad you like the photos the quality is not great but perhaps that just add to the character of the oldies, found these next few from the royal show thought the next one is very now as the model has not long been released .

scan0050.jpg

scan0051.jpg

scan0052.jpg

And what about this

scan0053.jpg

Just noticed while I was posting this that's my old man stood in front of the county , never realised that until now

Been a day or two since I caught up with your topic, Phillip. I use my 'phone a lot to access the Forum but it doesn't do topics like this justice so I save them for when I get the laptop out. That was a tad wet then going back to December when you were on the digger!! I have seem a lot of gateways dug out on my travels where the culverts have caused the water to back up.

As per usual, stunning photos. You could get these published as they cover the development of tractors and machinery over the past forty odd years!! Love the one of the Deere on the headland with the 6f raised. Some nice foraging shots too. I'd have loved to have been born ten years earlier!!

Thank you for comments here's a couple from the neighbours farm were dad worked .

scan0019.jpg

scan0017-1.jpg

I will have to go back in the loft to find some more real oldies , the next 2 are my sprayer from my middle job where I drove the case 5288 this is a wilder mule .

scan0020-1.jpg

scan0021-1.jpg

Hi Robert, from what I can remember were dad worked they had three135's one 175, one 185 and a 188 before then though there was 65's and that was dads first tractor Then came the 500 series and they two 595's and a 590 plus the 188 and the 135's can't remember when dads ford 5000 fitted in but after his 595 he had the ford 8100 and then a couple of internationals 956xl's came for the other drivers and that's when the fergies went the 188 stayed a while and had a side mounted hedge trimmer put on it and I think the 135's were ran until they stopped , my very first summer holiday job at dads place of work was corn cart with a 135 and I was pulling a Pettit ten ton grain trailer with wooden sides , one of the ones in my silage photos those little tractors were amazing when I think back now .

Archived