Hicksy at work photos

Hicksy

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What Mike said, this thread is just superb and like no other on here. The range of tractors and associated machinery spanning your years in the seat is making fantastic viewing for just about every aged member on FTF I would have thought too. I love it. I only wish all of these tractors could be gathered in one field for a Hicksy's This is Your Life show!!!!!

Got some more

This was our new 7710 Think this was 1983 I was 18 then

scan0036.jpg

Before we bought my tw we use to hire in a tractor for the harvest which varied from year to year .

This was one of the hire tractors

scan0037.jpg

What about this bute

scan0038.jpg

The next three photos were demo tractors

scan0039.jpg

This fergie was a awsome tractor back then a 2720

scan0040.jpg

So was this jd 4350 I can still remember I had this for nine days on demo ploughed half the farm with it thought It was gonna stay with us so did the dealer I think. we were looking to swap it for the tw20 but funds did not allow it I guess

scan0042.jpg

Think I was 20-21 ish then

again cracking pictures,bet your glad you kept the photos phil,gives you and now us here on the forum a wonderful record of older tractors working,fantastic topic

Thanks again Paul, yes they are great to see I'm surprised I can remember a lot of the times when they were taken, picture quality wasnt great back then though was it but I guess that add to the memories , as I said in The past I have loads more I have found and must sit down over Xmas and get them scanned and saved to put on here, it's funny the pictures I am showing now was from my first job which when I started I was 15 I went there for the summer to see how I got on then they kept me on full time buy the by the next harvest I was on the big hire tractor as there old tractor driver had to take early retirement and I was there for six and a half years then moved on, but today we go back there and contract the farm now on a stubble to stubble basis and I still have a great realationship with the family,

Superb, so nostalgic for anyone but the memories for you must be fab!!

If you could pick an era or a machine in particular to go back to, which would it be?

Hi tris I saw your question this morning at breakfast, been thinking about it today while I was ditching, I can't think of one single era or tractor, but I guess my stand out points for me were .

1 being paid to drive my dads ford tw10 ploughing while he was on a chain saw course at the age of 13.

2 when at my first job only as summer help suddenly became full time and they bought me my first tractor a ford 6600 .

3 third harvest in on my first job they stopped hiring tractors and bought me a ford tw20 that was a really good tractor for me.

4 being made redundant was the best thing that happened to me back in 1989 and starting work were I am now I guess that was one of the best eras?

5 getting my jd4455 was awsome always wanted to drive a Deere and that to was a good tractor for me.

6 bad point for me when my jd 8100 and the other tractor drivers jd 4955 and the tractor driver all went and I was left to do all the arable work on my own the job came kind of boring as we got on well and pushed each other along,

7 my jd 9530t awsome

Sorry I couldn't give you one simple answer , it will be funny looking back 20 years from now wonder what I will say about my 9530 then,

Hi tris I saw your question this morning at breakfast, been thinking about it today while I was ditching, I can't think of one single era or tractor, but I guess my stand out points for me were .

1 being paid to drive my dads ford tw10 ploughing while he was on a chain saw course at the age of 11.

2 when at my first job only as summer help suddenly became full time and they bought me my first tractor a ford 6600 .

3 third harvest in on my first job they stopped hiring tractors and bought me a ford tw20 that was a really good tractor for me.

4 being made redundant was the best thing that happened to me back in 1989 and starting work were I am now I guess that was one of the best eras?

5 getting my jd4455 was awsome always wanted to drive a Deere and that to was a good tractor for me.

6 bad point for me when my jd 8100 and the other tractor drivers jd 4955 and the tractor driver all went and I was left to do all the arable work on my own the job came kind of boring as we got on well and pushed each other along,

7 my jd 9530t awsome

Sorry I couldn't give you one simple answer , it will be funny looking back 20 years from now wonder what I will say about my 9530 then,

That would have been a sight to see, wow.

I was half expecting to see a summary of different things rather than a single answer to be honest. After asking it I did think to myself you'd struggle to define an answer as it all looks so good!! Glad it gave you food for thought though, I should think you'd need some if that when on ditching all day!

Back hoe or excavator?

I was half expecting to see a summary of different things rather than a single answer to be honest. After asking it I did think to myself you'd struggle to define an answer as it all looks so good!! Glad it gave you food for thought though, I should think you'd need some if that when on ditching all day!

Back hoe or excavator?

Hi tris I'm on a little 8 ton cat 360 nice warm cab too but it so wet every where least the ditches have gone down now I had to stop last week because this happen'd.

35d9803dea5a7bfb9059b516b695be5d.jpg

7a3f5ab4a57a15118cbc73d2013b2bf5.jpg

86bbed326eb37143ee15699533ead297.jpg

Carrying on from where I left off with the old ones,

scan0041.jpg

Found another of he county hire tractor

scan0007-1.jpg

And the hire 8200 with a new haylock springtine think this was 1983

scan0013-1.jpg

Some more of my tw20

scan0006-2.jpg

scan0004-1.jpg

And look burnt stubble ,those were the days

scan0012-1.jpg

Few more

scan0022-1.jpg

This was the sprayer i used on my first job 7710 and lely sprayer

scan0008-1.jpg

Our combine

scan0009-2.jpg

One of the farms 3 ford 6600 one of these was the first tractor I had bought for me to drive

scan0010-1.jpg

scan0011-1.jpg

And this old girl a ford 4000 can't believe how things have changed in my 30 years farming

scan0005-1.jpg

Nout wrong with a good stubble burn,there are people here that would stop farming if they had to stop burning wheat straw.

We would love to have a good burn to help us get rid of the black grass will struggle with it seems to be taking over .

Agreed.It's funny Phillip the old timers didn't have many sprays or the like but if you talk to them they will say the land was cleaner than now days when they were burning and ploughing all the time because that's all they had realy apart from abit of 24D and the like.Grass weeds might be the death of one pass tillage trains here.

Phillip,

I've just gone right through this thread and have to say you have superb pictures in there, I'm not really a Deere-Fan but neverthe less the photos are really impressive, machinery is immaculate and the fieldwork is professional........and the old pics from the 80s really bring back the memories - again fantastic!

Richard

Phillip,

I've just gone right through this thread and have to say you have superb pictures in there, I'm not really a Deere-Fan but neverthe less the photos are really impressive, machinery is immaculate and the fieldwork is professional........and the old pics from the 80s really bring back the memories - again fantastic!

Richard

Thanks Richard I was about to add some more

Well got to we're I started my work after I left school will add more as I sort through and get them scanned, the next lot are from growing up with my dad the chap that taught me everything here is his last tractor before he moved onto stock work then later retired .

This is his jd 4650 my favourite tractor of all time must find some more photos of this.

scan0047.jpg

This was his tw 25 another good tractor

scan0045.jpg

scan0044.jpg

scan0023-1.jpg

Dad foraging with his tw20 and a mf chopper

scan0001-1.jpg

Some more

This was my uncle who worked with dad in his inter 956

scan0002-1.jpg

This was the tractor I took my driving test in a ford 7600

scan0003-2.jpg