marge tw25 v,s universal hobbies tw25

chris.watson

I agree Chris, I've heard lots of negative comments about the MarGe models new Ford's but I love these two TW 25..took mine out of the box over the weekend and unlike the earlier releases this year I believe they are better value for money. Yes there are still technical differences between the real thing and the Marge model but this time round I much prefer the Marge over the UH version

• Like 2

I agree Chris, I've heard lots of negative comments about the MarGe models new Ford's but I love these two TW 25..took mine out of the box over the weekend and unlike the earlier releases this year I believe they are better value for money. Yes there are still technical differences between the real thing and the Marge model but this time round I much prefer the Marge over the UH version

i have to agree with you bazza, the marge ones will be entering my collection very soon. they look impressive on the bigger tyres.

here is that bills dad sat there in them pics :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: forgotten his name sadly :-[

got to say ,i have one here, first marge offering i have bought, 1 x tw25 gen one, have always liked the older q cabs and seeing this in the flesh at the marge stand cemented my views of the previous pics we had seen and i bought it , its just stunning, some may say the rear wheels are wrong?? i dont know, and i dont in this case care,after a quick look i recon the uh hub will fit the marge tyres as they are far better than uhs offering size wise

• Like 1

here is that bills dad sat there in them pics :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: forgotten his name sadly :-[

got to say ,i have one here, first marge offering i have bought, 1 x tw25 gen one, have always liked the older q cabs and seeing this in the flesh at the marge stand cemented my views of the previous pics we had seen and i bought it , its just stunning, some may say the rear wheels are wrong?? i dont know, and i dont in this case care,after a quick look i recon the uh hub will fit the marge tyres as they are far better than uhs offering size wise

its brians dad sean, his name is dougie, a top bloke he is aswell.

honestly, the marge prob looks bigger as its on bigger tyres, actuall parts wise theres very little in them ,the rear arches may be a bit thicker looking on the marge, but they do seem to show the roll on the edge unlike the pressed uh ones, the extra detailing like that can sometimes give the impression of "size" when its actually just more accurate, as mentioned the hubs on them both seem very close size wise ,so i recon at a gusee the marges been meassured up of a big booter farmers job, and the uh ??/ maybe its just a cost saving current tyre of another model

• Like 1

Nice topic, the Marge is clearly the most detailed and looks better on the boots but I'm personally not convinced this is enough to warrant double the cost :of Also the two models are clearly different sizes/dimensions so it begs the question which is the accurate one?

myself and brian asked the same question. which is the correct scale? they maybe double the money, but in your hands they feel double the quality hillybilly. they wont suit everyones budget in the current climate, but if anyone has a wish list for christmas, they could do a lot worse than add one of these to it.
  • Like 1

Sean- it was mainly the door and the bonnet on the Marge which look bigger than the UH, a good thing as it looks more meaty but UH do claim their scale is right?!

Chris- don;t get me wrong if I was in the market for one it would be the Marge, i have a UH whch is currently under the knife as it looks too scrawny for me. The Marge has some nice touches; better rear lights, more engine detail, better wheels, a proper hitch, better front lights and opening doors if I remember?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's a job to judge correctly until I've seen both in the flesh, but to me the tyres look slightly to big on the marge, I don't think the real deal had front mud guards and it's head lamps should be where the uh's are, I do like the detailed back end though it would be good if uh could offer a toy version for the kids and a model full of detail for us as its the rear end that lets them down but I know that could never happen , I saw uh's tw 25 the other day couldn't believe how small it looked these used to be big tractors in there day , it was sat next to a uh Massey 7624 and that looked big both very nice to the eye

• 2 months later...

Between the 2. Marge thank you very much.. I got one last month & I love it. Its a bit pricey alright, but compare the weight of them both alone!!! , the detail & the accuracy . The Marge is worth the extra few pound out & out. I dont have the UH TW-25 Gen 2 ,but I do have the UH 8730 & the 2wd Gen 1 TW-25. I was never happy with the  UH 8730 first day ,so I was turned off the UH Gen 2 TW-25 as another follow on purchase because of it. The Gen 1 aint a bad model tough.

Edited by justy 46