Whats Your Latest General Buy 2013

Just bought on eBay, lead toy figure lot, but not farm, so posting here.

It was a lot of 9 figures, and the really rare one in it (not identified by the seller, who obviously didn't know) was an 18th century Scottish army officer made by W.Y.Carman. For those of you with a copy of Norman Joplin's big yellow book, its on page 62, extreme left of the 3rd row of the photo.

All Carman figures are highly collectable, and generally go for about £30 each. I didn't pay much less than that for the lot (including P&P), but hey, I got 8 other figures too.   

Another interesting figure in the lot is a Britains WW2 Blitz stretcher bearer in gas suit & mask, 2nd grade paint (which i think is rarer than the same item in 1st grade paint).

A Sony alarm clock radio docking station thingy whatsit..... Don't feckin ask me!

yup know what you mean docking station radio noisey beep beep clock fingymabobber

for me, lightning to 30 pin adaptor, lightning to micro usb adaptor, in car charger, her lunch, my beer

VHS to DVD converter from fleabay, comes with a USB extention cable and the software, plug the phono type plugs and the S-Video in plug into the corresponding TV sockets and the USB end of the 'magic box' into the computer and load up a disc, load your VHS tape in the player and go from there. Don't know the exact procedure yet without loading up the software to read the instruction manual part. Will be interesting to see if it actually works as I've some good farm related VHS tapes that you can't get on DVD.

yup know what you mean docking station radio noisey beep beep clock fingymabobber

for me, lightning to 30 pin adaptor, lightning to micro usb adaptor, in car charger, her lunch, my beer

That's the badger, Harry. Oh and a new mattress too as the one we bought in the sales after Christmas is chuffing awful!!

I had to get one of them too!!

post-212-0-63906800-1357599313_thumb.jpg

A few more bits and bobs for the Nintendo Wii from fleabay, a few nice hunting and shooting games together with some controler add-ons. A brilliant way to pass the winter nights when there's so much rubbish on the TV plus it hones your skills such as eye/hand co-ordination, your reflexes and keeps you fit. Also bought a pair of spare battery units for two of my laptops for a tenth of the price of new ones, very handy.

• Like 1

Two Kingfisher 1200 watt oscillating halogen heaters for my workshop and garage which should be cheaper to run and less smelly and condensation than my SuperSir gas heater and Sealy propane heater. I saw a deal in the local paper last weekend and then had a search on Amazon and found a better deal for the same models  at £ 36.01 delivered. I have had one on in the workshop and it has raised the temperature by 7 degrees in only 15 minutes 8)

P1000226.jpg

P1000225.jpg

P1000227.jpg

P1000228.jpg

Edited by BC
  • Like 1

Nice buys, Robert. Those little screwdrivers are very good ans a key item to have in the tool drawer.

Ah ha Tris your spot on they will be put to the test to unscrew UH models :D

and I think I speak for all of us on here. When are we going to see pic's of the A-Team Van :D

Them folding 'Stanley' type knives are really good, I bought a similar one a couple of years ago and have already worn out 2 packs of blades!

So a good buy then Tim :D hope I get the same life span out of my one.

Those knives will never wear out Robert.

Bill, did you price up replacement elements for the halogen heater before you bought it? I bought one two years ago, very cheap at £10 but after a week 2 of the elements went, shop would not replace the heater and the elements to fit were £20 each so I dumped it!.