Whats Your Latest General Buy 2013

well after work this morning, we popped into town, i have been nominated as the photographer in cyprus for the wedding, so we have been pondering a new camera, came back with a new panasonic tz40 all singing and dancing, pocket size with slr functions plus a hell of a lot more, inc wifi control from your phone gps mapping fro shots and all sorts of weird pic options, now got just under 5 months to get used to it, so expect a few tractor shots etc as its going to work etc to be used and practised with i think, the basic start up handbook is 50 pages long, main ones on a dvd disc ? 

5 months gonna be enough... ;D

no john, gonna be close , its a hell of a bit of kit mind, is 2 above what we origonally were going to go for in a tz30, but for the extra cost £35 from the one we thought of , its prob double the functions if not tripple,

And I thought the TZ30 was pretty functioned up! If it's got the same zoom capability on it as the TZ30 Sean then you'll be able to take the wedding pics from home!

it has the same optical zoom but higher digital zoom?? , higher meg per pic, wifi control,  touch screen, gps to plot your position per pic??? like i dont know where i took it, one hell of a clever panaromic system where its all auto, single colour selection in a shot, over black and white, list is endless, its apparently only been on the market 5 weeks hence why i hadnt considered it, but if its as good as our outgoing  tz5 i have no worrys, now got to get new sd memory cards for it and a spare battery i guess,

The TZ30 has all those Sean, says 20x zoom but in 'scene' mode will go to 47x. Also has GPS, 18 'scene' modes and 3D as well. Battery life is good, if your new one is the same, the battery power is only being used when the camera is 'on', it uses no power when 'sleeping' and when off it doesn't drain, charges in camera 'off'' either with the USB cable connected to the supplied mains plug or unplug the mains plug and use the cable to charge via your PC Seems like both cameras are much the same but yours being the next generation, my TZ30 is under 12 months old. You'll never regret buying it Sean, they're terrific cameras!

Forgot to ask Sean, did you get either the free SD card or free battery with it?

Edited by powerrabbit

Got these few bits today when Natalie and I where out shopping they will end up in the convo tool box  should come in handy got them maplin they have lots of small stuff like this. and the graber should be useful when I drop something.

044-3_zps687a5259.jpg

Edited by BOB3085

One 18gb Panasonic sd card Tim but we will need more , would have preffered the battery but he was having none it, will need to get one plus a desktop charger cradle for it as prob like yours it's in camera charge only right now

When I bought my TZ30 Sean in the Panasonic shop cheating sods never gave me anything with it, not even a cheap case, quoted me £14 for a plain, black, non-branded hard case and £24 for a soft case with a strap to go round your neck, went into Argos, bought the same hard case for £2.50 and the soft case with strap, it was on 'offer', for £1.50. eBay's best place for charger and batteries but don't buy the ones from China or any under 2500Ah as they don't hold charge for that long. I've got a 16Gb HDSC card in mine, on iA mode set at 640x480, 0.3M it will take 79790 pictures.

i tend to deal hard tim, quick wave of the card while talking may have helped,  afterall, theres plenty of other places they sell them, all be it roughly the same price bar 3 or 4 quid, plus we have used them several times before for other stuff inc the last tz5 which this replaces

ok, so, Samsung Galaxy S4 (one off payment of £129 until i sell my galaxy s2 to pay some of it off), dickies non-safety dealer boots (don't bloody fit, going back) and a 5 pack of dickies t-shirts. 

• Like 1

Samsung Galaxy phones seem to make good money on eBay Alex, especially if they are unlocked. Dickies stuff is pretty good, I wear the trousers, damn good value and last forever, well, nearly!

A trip to the local British Heart Foundation charity store has yielded another display cabinet similar to the one I recently built up from Argos. It comes with seven shelves plus base, and cost me next to nothing. It's due to be delivered on Saturday morning. :)

• Like 1

Got this off Ebay for the big sum of £3.00 its a head rest for my MF3085 needs a clean so going to take it to work so the guys that valet the cars for us can bring it up like new

022-10_zpse176c8c8.jpg

Edited by BOB3085
  • Like 1

Got myself a house the other day. Well, together with the missus :laugh: . Afraid there will be spend a little less money on models now considering we have to buy all the decorating and furniture as well!

• Like 1

The purchase of a house I think makes all of the rest of  our recent purchases seem so very insignificant in comparison, well, really there is no comparison! Well done Niels, enjoy.

Thanks Tim. Well, unless someone on here has bought a farm or some fields? ;D

Mind you I didn't really 'buy' it as such of course. We just took on the mortgage and admit to have a debt of 150k. :;)