Stonework

jdc

I've been playing around with stonework for the 1950s era buildings and tried a different method for stonework.

I spread about 1mm of 'Fix'n'Grout' tile cement on the walls and then scribed the stones in whilst it was still wet. A little bit of paint and airbrushing makes it look OK........I think :)

The lighting is a bit yellow in pics.

Looks fab mate, very nice. It is bordering on an idea I have (zip it Marky and Ricky!!!!  :-X :-X) What is it like against flexing of the wood? Any stress marks, cracke etc?? How is the wrist?!! The result does look nice JDC, I am impressed!! :) :) :)

What is it like against flexing of the wood? Any stress marks, cracke etc?? How is the wrist?!! The result does look nice JDC, I am impressed!! :) :) :)

It's only been done a few days now but it's been moved around a lot..........nothing dropped off yet. I think there is a slight amount of flex in these synthetic cements.  :)

Don't worry mate i've more jobs for ya heres an idea what . . .  :D :D :D

At the rate I'm going, it'll be at least a couple of monthe before I get all the walls done! That's the thrashing barn where the mill was, there is a 'straw barn', 4 cattle courts, 2 piggeries, stables and coachsheds, etc..........it's also a lorra lorra slates for roofs.  :)

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...