Question

I've recently got some wheels that I've painted the centres on,

The problem has now arised and I need to refit all the tyres,

I can't warm the tyres as they deform when stretched once heated,

Any help?

All comments much appreciated!

PS I've 120  :-  to do so would be really greatful of tips

10 answers to this question

You can get a masking paint from good model shops that's basicly painted on as a liquid mask , let it go off and away you go, paint the tyres with it and with luck you'll be ok . The one I have is tamiya and not much bigger than the glass bottle paints they do . There may be others out there in a bigger bottle mind

ah mis read your post, was speed reading n work on the phone ,mmmm sounds daft, but i am asuming the hubs have a ridge arround them to sit the tyre in place?? if so why not remove that all the way arround, slide the tyres on, and glue them  in place to stop them sliding back off??

if the tyres that hard  you cant get it back on, surely it wouldnt deform shape wise with the ridging removed???  i am guessing they are the tims/ siku tyres like used on the trailer you did recently, if so i have some of those and they are dam hard tyres, infact i couldnt get mine off to paint, hence the mask stuff i bought 

if the tyres that hard  you cant get it back on, surely it wouldnt deform shape wise with the ridging removed???  i am guessing they are the tims/ siku tyres like used on the trailer you did recently, if so i have some of those and they are dam hard tyres, infact i couldnt get mine off to paint, hence the mask stuff i bought 

It is yeah,

The only problem is there is quite alot of cutting in 120 wheels haha... but needs must,

They seem to have a very hard side wall but I find they go out of shape the other way, but then again there'll be no weight on them