Dingwall Academy Model Farm & Construction Show Saturday 16th March 2013

BC

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats a big 10/4 good buddy!!! :laugh:  :laugh:  liked your convoy post earlier Bill nice touch ;) ....... As Kenny says it a bit far..... but then again...... i could always pick Kenny and Shirley up on my way past their road end...... then i'd have them as translators ;)  :laugh:  :laugh:

You ken fit wee meen in Aberdein ...shire Paul bit north o' Inverness ye will need a new phrase book...."Rite ee nuff" ;D  ;D

looks like a nice varied show farming ,lorrys, rallying ,and more besides, nice to seethe different farming operations around the country what are the JDs harvesting .have not seen a catto lorry for a few years nicr pics look forward to seeing more

It was a very varied show as you say Graham. The JD's are harvested "swede neeps" aka turnips. I can't remember when T M Catto ceased to trade but it must be 20 to 25 years ago now since I have last seen any of their fleet...I must ask around.

great pictures of the show folks,wish we could of managed to go,hope it's on next year.looked like a really great day out.

Just a short run up the "Back Highland" road for you and Avril from Perth. There are certainly plans for it to go ahead next year with the possibility of extending the farm and construction side with more tables in the foyer and in addition maybe a craft fair in the canteen area for the ladies and girlies,. This show and venue has a lot of potential. 8)

You ken fit wee meen in Aberdein ...shire Paul bit north o' Inverness ye will need a new phrase book...."Rite ee nuff" ;D  ;D

I'll get by with the basics Bill...... Still got Joe, Kenny Shirley and yourself giving me lessons in Scottish vocabulary so might not be too bad :laugh:  :laugh:

Myself , Andy and Brian were invited around to see Callum and dad Marks collection and what a collection they have between them. Many thanks for the hospitality, the coffees, cakes and sandwich provided by Callum's mum Debbie and sister Catriona were lovely...as I said best brown bread I have tasted in a long time. Chas Christie aka skitternox Chas was there and we exchanged photographs.

Here are some of Chas's ones.

IMG_8275_zps5c8b45fa.jpg

IMG_8279_zps84ec815a.jpg

IMG_8286_zps2982e540.jpg

Don't know who the poser is :huh:

IMG_8288_zpsec5e7f52.jpg

IMG_8293_zps0083c753.jpg

IMG_8298_zps2da78d4d.jpg

some nice models you have posted up there bill cracking scanias, good scottish crop there then bill no swedes grown down this way nice to see depicted on the layout, can remember cattos delivering into smithfeild meat market in london but would be a long time ago

Not my photo's of the Scanny's Graham .....I did a deal with "skitter box Chas" and we exchanged photos from the Saturday show.

I have a pal from school days who now runs a civil engineering company and also still farms and are called Nicol of Skene and on the back of his Scania which pulls a low loader or  bulker reads... " designed by a Swede....driven by a neep"....I not so sure driver Gary agrees.....but  he laughs it off and he must keep one of the best kept off road Scania's in the area.

I can remember  Catto's on the road 25 years ago but I must phone Mr SSW who is older than me and has forgotten more about Aberdeen hauliers than I will ever know ;D  ;D

John...nice to meet up with you and your dad and apologies I  still have not photographed the carrier bags you kindly gave to me for my collection...I have been sent from Ireland and now Orkney which Island or Continent next :huh:  :unsure: 

Anyway what a successful show and an email from Callum..."short ago" ;D  ;D ..I know a few Orcadian's down here 8) 

Hi All

Just wanted to update you all with the outcome of Saturday's model show, £1558.90 was raised for the support base and over £500 for the Teenage Cancer Trust and Borneo Challenge.  I have been asked by Mrs Cormack, Rector to be involved with deciding what equipment is to be purchased for the base.

I had a great day and want to thank you all for your support, i am very hopeful of this becoming an annual event, let me know if you would like to be included in the mailing list for next year if it goes ahead.  

We would be happy to hear any comments about the show so that we can work on these for next year.  Mum and granny think we should have a craft section through in the hall for girls!

Thanks again for coming along.

Callum

Callum...I'm planning an open house at Drumoak on the Saturday before the show from early am until around 3pm...then I hope a visit to Ellon to see big machines at Knockothie Farms ;D  ;D

Archived