Model shows

Hicksy

Hi all as most of you know I've not long got back into this hobby so I am unaware of the shows that are coming up , I was thinking of going To the tractor show at the bath and west show ground ,is this just models as I think there is a real machinery show later next week, then I thought miss that one and go to the model show in Warwickshire on the 17th which is not that far fror me to get to there then also go to the Tractor world show in Malvern . Would like your views on the shows I think I have made my mind up and will go to Warwick and the the Malvern show in march , can't go spending much ATM as we are saving for a holiday so doing all three is pushing my luck plus all that fuel , would like to hear your comments please

The one at the Bath and West is a two day vintage/classic affair which is not model based.... However, in a building next door there is a collectors fair on the Sunday only, organised by a separate company. It's Hornby, dolls, Scalextric, diecast, farm toys..... Everything but usually a good amount of older Britains can be found and a few newer models by a few traders too. Malvern is tge same but the model area is part of the Tractor World show. Brilliant for layouts.

proper model shows your end of the country would be spalding in april and oct, and toytrac in oct, and of course the new 24trac at bridgewater in june, malvern is a great show, which i usally attend, but cant make it this year sadly, as tris said, theres a model area, but primarly its real gear and the auction on the saturday

Here's a pictorial review of last year's Tractor World show Phillip. Certainly a show i'd thoroughly recommend attending for the layouts. The show also turns up arguabley some of the most fascinating preserved real tractors in the country too.

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/topic/18235-tractorworld-2012-3rd-4th-march-2012/

Keep an eye on the Events section of the Forum as most of the shows have a model side to them, even those that are primarily "real" tractor events.  I haven't been to Leamington Spa yet but I know that Andy has an input and a stall there for Model Farmer/FTF.

We will certainly be at Malvern which is a 2 day event, on the Saturday there is an auction of real kit which I find fascinating and then there are plenty of displays inside for both models and real machines although most of them are older kit rather than new tractors, David's photos will give you a feel for it.

If you want a pure model show then Spalding is the one to go for or the new J24trac will probably be worth a visit.

oh i give up :laugh:  :laugh: :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  recon these would be the closest easy shows  though, hell oxford to spalding aint far, we go near on past him when we go up

Right you can pick me up on the way through then ha ha! ,

Thank you all for replies Think I will stick to what I said then Warwick and then Malvern and possibly Spaulding in April , mind you if it does dry up I have got shed loads of land work to do

• 4 months later...

hi folks me and 2 friends thinking of going to wincanton just wondered if you know of any places to stay been down before but done it in a day from notts but decided to do it in 2 days this year

Archived