Siku Scania R620

jack_c

Just wondering has anyone ever converted the tractor unit of this to a 6 wheeler?

I am planning a conversion the same as our local MF dealer but there's is a 6 wheel version

Thanks

Jack

You could use wheels from the Automaxx lorries, you'd need to buy two if your local dealer has a twin steer or midlift but two Automaxx lorries will still be cheaper. On the other hand, if the real one is a double drive or dual tag then one Automaxx lorry would be all you need. :)

It certainly is, you could get them cast as has been said but for the ease of it, an Automaxx lorry would offer you the correct amount of wheels and tyres to do this. Then with a spare set, in the future you could build a heavy haul 8x4 tractor unit.....

Back on track... Looks like he is hauling a load of gear I am accustomed to hauling around!

I reckon you could do a 6 X 2 conversion there are a few 6 wheelers out there to choose from check e-bay that's always a good reference point http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Diecast-Vehicles-/222/i.html?LH_BIN=1&_from=R40&_catref=1&_nkw=1%2F32+trucks&LH_PrefLoc=1 I use that a lot,then check out Scania's web site to get the wheel base right, http://www.scania.co.uk/Images/SL5451087-R500LA6x2MNA_tcm48-76581.pdf

Regards

Joe.

Those Newray/Jada/Welly wheels are not the best lookers, though. Cheap enough and I do have a draw full of them if anyone does want a set?

If you want to "tart" up those cheap nasty looking chrome wheels Tris,just shove them in a re-sealable poly bag with a good squirt of Mr Muscle oven cleaner and that chrome will disappear,

Regards

Joe.

It certainly is, you could get them cast as has been said but for the ease of it, an Automaxx lorry would offer you the correct amount of wheels and tyres to do this. Then with a spare set, in the future you could build a heavy haul 8x4 tractor unit.....

Back on track... Looks like he is hauling a load of gear I am accustomed to hauling around!

I think I'd steer away from casting, I have a very good man that would do it but most don't like doing small numbers

Tris, they are the local MF dealer and do alot of export hence the load

• 4 weeks later...

Archived