Normans 1/50th diorama

Here are a few photos of Norman McLean's 1/50th scale mining diorama,as requested by Andy the joiner,sorry Andy I only have a few shots on Photobucket,I did have loads on another photo hosting site,but it went down the tubes,along with my collection of photo's, >:( >:(  I think I may have a few more 35mil pictures,but they are in a big box,I'll sort through them this weekend,these were taken probably eight or nine years ago,his diorama no longer exists,that is until he gets moved into his new house and creates a bigger better one, :) :)

Normansdio2.jpg

Normansdio1.jpg

Normansdio3.jpg

Normansdioatnight.jpg

Normansdio.jpg

Thats it for now, :-

Regards

Joe

Joe...I wish Norman would get sorted out with new house and shed and get that diorama up and going again ;D  ;D

Hopefully Bill,this time next year,he may have a better idea of what he will be able to do,last I heard he had sold his house,

Regards

Joe.

Do you want to move the models around as well as make the noises of them in action Phil :unsure:  ...I need to be there to video ;D  ;D

Bill,big as these machines are,that P&H 4100XPB weighs just under 1500 tons,with anything from 80 to 120 per bucket full they are fairly quite being electrically powered,here is a short video,apart from the rumble of the track as it moves all you can hear is the whir of the electric motors as it lifts and lowers the bucket, :of

Regards

Joe.

Can I wear my hard hat and a high vis vest as well " bob the quarryman" ha ha!

Don't you worry Phil,Norman is very professional about his diorama,he will supply hard hats etc,well after searching through all my 35 mm photo's and drawing a blank,I finally discovered my photo's on a disc, ::) so here they are,this is still the old diorama though,the breeze bloke wall you can see on the right was eventually knocked down and the dio was doubled in size,not sure I have any from that time,

DSCN1117_zps0c6d046f.jpg

DSCN1118_zps9fd69fc7.jpg

DSCN1119_zps8b1ef4cc.jpg

DSCN1123_zpsd1730da8.jpg

DSCN1120_zps91a333a4.jpg

DSCN1122_zpsf9137789.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Glad you like them Andy,in Norman's next diorama this will be the centre piece,

Dragline3-1.jpg

Dragline4.jpg

that old dio took up four garages,so the next one will be an absolute monster;he also plans to incorporate a coal train, it won't be quite as long as this,

Coaltrain1_zps08a7e69f.jpg

but it will be quite a set up,

Regards

Joe.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived