Britains TW20 in Burger Advert

MDFord

Great to see an advert with a Britains tractor.Great tractor to show off in an advert.Does anybody have any magazine/ tv adverts from the 70/80,s? I have tried to find some information without any look.I got in touch with someone and they said that Britains didnt make any?I dont know if this is true or not.It would be good to see the original models when they came out.Can any members shed any light on this subject?

I cant remember any tv adverts but i thought i would ask the question.I have got a few ex-shop display posters and stickers.It would be nice to see any old original photos from the factory?I wonder were the kids(sorry) Adults are now that featured on the catalogues?

@Mark: Thank you for posting this interesting advert.

@Shaun: I am not aware of any advertising done by Britains in the UK, however, in Scandinavia Britains advertised in different magazines aimed towards children of that day. From the the mid 1960's to 1987, Britains advertised in the Danish edition of the Donald Duck magazine, especially before christmas, both with ads promoting their farm range as well as Swoppets, Detail and later Hospital and Space. The first advert was made to promote the Fordson Super Major, the last (christmas 1987) demonstrated the wonders of the Ford TW 35.
On a slightly different note, Britains diverted from their well known slogan (A world of models/Die Welt der Modelle/Un monde du mòdeles) in Denmark and instead used "Skaber leg med liv i", which can be translated into "Brings life to play" or something similar. In Sweden they, to the best of my recollection, marketed it as "På riktigt" meaning "To scale".
Whether these adverts were actually done by Britains remains unknown. As I have never seen them used outside of the Scandinavia, I find it to be just as likely that the regional importer has made them, but I guess we need to see the original contract between that company and Britains to determine if that is the case.
If you wish, I can scan my selection of Britains adverts and send them to you :)

post-2305-0-36993500-1377540630_thumb.jp

post-2305-0-33486000-1377540651_thumb.jp

@Mark: Thank you for posting this interesting advert.

@Shaun: I am not aware of any advertising done by Britains in the UK, however, in Scandinavia Britains advertised in different magazines aimed towards children of that day. From the the mid 1960's to 1989, Britains advertised in the Danish edition of the Donald Duck magazine, especially before christmas, both with ads promoting their farm range as well as Swoppets, Detail and later Hospital and Space. The first advert was made to promote the Fordson Super Major, the last (christmas 1989) demonstrated the wonders of the Ford TW 35.

On a slightly different note, Britains diverted from their well known slogan (A world of models/Die Welt der Modelle/Un monde du mòdeles) in Denmark and instead used "Skaber leg med liv i", which can be translated into "Brings life to play" or something similar. In Sweden they, to the best of my recollection, marketed it as "På riktigt" meaning "To scale".

Whether these adverts were actually done by Britains remains unknown. As I have never seen them used outside of the Scandinavia, I find it to be just as likely that the regional importer has made them, but I guess we need to see the original contract between that company and Britains to determine if that is the case.

If you wish, I can scan my selection of Britains adverts and send them to you :)attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Great information.It is so good to find out different adverts from other countrys.Any pictures very welcome and thanks for sharing.

Is that one of your usual reads John?? ::)  I though it were Ford n Fordson an Blue Force Heritage an Classic mags that were your thing :laugh:  :laugh:

yeah always have a look through heat mag paul to see if theres any pics of kelly brook ;)

Archived