Jcb 3c

Jordan_coe2012

My 3c's turned up today from Dave towse really like the model but there's a couple of little things that I cannot understand one is that both front and back arms don't lift the bucket high enough for the tipper truck, bit of a shame and secondly, why is the bucket yellow on the back? other than that i think its a great model! Now who's going to be the first making the buckets for the 3c? It definitely needs a four in one and opening bucket on the rear arm!post-3634-0-57083500-1380296277_thumb.jppost-3634-0-79330400-1380296317_thumb.jppost-3634-0-79397700-1380296454_thumb.jppost-3634-0-63247300-1380296508_thumb.jppost-3634-0-62796300-1380296828_thumb.jppost-3634-0-03556500-1380296791_thumb.jp

I guess with no tipper truck in the current range they didn't think about the height like that? ??? infact bar the kanes they don't really have any dump trailer as such . sure with a little tinkering it could be done, does the front bucket look like it can be made to open??? or is it a solid cast, pallet tines are easy enough to add mind

that definately has potential for modification and im sure plenty have spotted that, im assuming from the 4in1 bucket and the extradig dipper that its based on the later 3c with torque transmission, having driven both the earlier and later 3c,s i remember the torque transmission being troublesome. But fortunately them problems wont arise in the model, well done to Britains

Cheers Jordan,were the wheels on the older 3 series bigger than the ones on the current range as I've always thought of the rears as being a lot smaller than standard agricultural tractors,but then Damien ( jcb bloke ) put up pictures of his 3c next to his County winch tractor and both machines seemed to have the same size wheels,??

Regards

Joe

Cheers Jordan,were the wheels on the older 3 series bigger than the ones on the current range as I've always thought of the rears as being a lot smaller than standard agricultural tractors,but then Damien ( jcb bloke ) put up pictures of his 3c next to his County winch tractor and both machines seemed to have the same size wheels,??

Regards

Joe

I can remember ours having what looked like huge combine sized tyres with smaller hubs than the tractors  joe , no idea why but I guess maybe building sites etc get pretty muddy so a bigger foot print for getting out maybe??   

I have a Britains 360, from the original release, with a yellow bucket and roof. These I believe were available from JCB and are in a quite plain cardboard box.

With regards to the colour scheme, I should imagine they were signed off by JCB

jcbampbox.jpg

Picture taken from eBay, some time ago!

Good looking model but the exhaust looks wrong, the box is too small and thin. As for the colour of the rear bucket I think they could have been either red or yellow but more often than not they were yellow but more often, rust brown! I don't think that this model is actually the early 111C, didn't it have a slightly back sloping front?, and the front left cab 'window' and frame was a sliding door. The engine fitted in this machine was a blue 4 cylinder Leyland 498. Our late contractor had one and the rear digger arm was soooooo worn that where you thought it would stop when swinging it sideways it went twice as far!

8359e3d01ff9f97d59ac077caeb803ab.png

Reveal event took place at JCB's Visitor Center with real life version of the vintage vehicle.

Tomy Britains Farm has celebrated the launch of its latest addition, the Vintage JCB 3C Mark III, unveiling the model alongside a rested version of the real life vehicle.

Tim...The above picture and text is taken from an article produced to accompany the model release. In my opinion, and from my many years of working with them, the exhaust looks correct as does the cab. You are correct in saying that it isn't a 3C, however the model is based on a 3C Mk 111 which is the last version produced before they went to the 3CX in approximately 1980. Perhaps a little bit of confusion has been caused by the forum thread being titled 'JCB 3C' when it really should have been 'JCB 3C Mk111' to be correct. Admittadly there are a couple of points I could pick up on that are definitely wrong, but it is marketed as a toy afterall. A cracking model / toy. Well done Britains!

• 1 month later...

This model is based on the last of the mk3's that had first of all the dry brake powertrain set up with a change to  wet brakes, the first mk3's had the leyland syncro gearbox and were available with a torque converter with the Leyland tranny and rear dry brake axle- a dangorous, ineffective set up. I have seen some 3c's with red wheels and buckets and the powertrains were yellow wheels but I'm not sure about the bucket colours tho in this model it looks better with a red bucket! The first leyland engined 3cx's had red buckets and wheels. 

Chris Irwin has a fully opening front bucket kit for this model and full sets of buckets as well

Archived