Classic tractor magazine november 2013

Rory you and your team need congratulating yet again for a fascinating read I loved the article on the new Deeres coming out even though they aint the red and creame tractors I cherish I liked the whole procedure it took to get them from photo to final product very interesting read

thanks nigel

Yes I have to agree Nigel  top class magazine and in the past I subscribed to circa 6 on the market this is the only real scale tractor magazine I subscribe to now...and yes another of my collections... ;D  ;D 

I have every issue since number one although I have to admit I didn't subscribe initially and had to get back issues and advertise for a couple of missing issues in the first 6 months of the magazine. Well done Rory and the team ..... that picture of you never seems to change....maybe it was the one taken for issue one :huh:  :unsure: 

BC, no, the one of me in issue No.1 had me in a boiler suit with my checked shirt undone to the waist to please the lady readers. Nigel, I enjoyed doing that story of the JD 50 Series models.....! I've been waiting patiently for a year to pull it out of the bag.

RD

Really good issue this month I thought Rory. I enjoyed reading the articles about the 1st MF 760 resurrection, Sewage cake spreading and the times gone by pics of agricultural show machinery stands. Highlight for me though was the story of how the Britains Deere 50 series was born, this is one model above all other recent offerings that I have been looking forward to.

Somewhere in a box with all my back issues of CT I have the first sample edition, that I think came free with Tractor and Machinery Magazine, I wonder if many of those are still about ?

Rory, do you ever hear anything about the MF 165 and Ford 4000 that Classic Tractor gave away in a competition several years ago, It would be interesting to se what happened to them.

rory I also  liked the machinery maufacturers at the agricultural shows

it had me wanting more ... I would love to see loads of old photos from the 60s 70s and 80s on agricultural show stands

What he said.

Got my copy today at lunchtime ,so have spent couple of hours this afternoon relaxing reading some great articles. I like the Britain's John Deere story,so Rory can you e-mail the lady at Britains's asap and suggest a model of a Massey 135,or 165 would be a great idea as they obviously take notice of your knowledge on the subject. Great magazine keep up the good work.

tractorman314.

Tractorman314

Thanks for that, pleased you like the issue. Ref the MF 135 and 165, it was mooted (not by me) about two years ago, but nothing became of it. Tractors were visited, but I think the problem was that a cabless Britains tractor was going to be too small in 1/32-scale. Plus, I suppose a flexi-cabbed MF 135 or 165 would have little relevance in mainland Europe or the states.

In other words, I don't think the project was pursued, but personally I think there's mileage in it for someone.

Regards

Rory

Archived