Big Bale Silage

smallclaas

Question

Here's a handy and cheap way of making big bale grass silage or whole crop bales. Just get a lenght of 1inch strip timber and cut it into 2 inch lenghts, curve the edges with a sander and then wrap in insulating tape, hey presto one wrapped big bale. I've put the Britains/Ertl bale beside the wrapped one to give a comparision.

post-77-132638523828_thumb.jpg

post-77-132638523833_thumb.jpg

have you seen this stuff SC this is really light & i based then loosely on d1000 bales ,the loader will handle them really well & even my jcb 520 will hold them up & the rams are so crap it won't hold the flat 8 with bales in for more than a few seconds . once the bales have been spiked the holes stay there for good ,so they can be rehandled  :)

Saw them Mjb1 there the ones you made from insulation? I made these just to lie around. I want them for the front of my new pit to hold the barrier in place. I was looking for dowel today to try and make roundies but could'nt find any the right size.

Saw them Mjb1 there the ones you made from insulation? I made these just to lie around. I want them for the front of my new pit to hold the barrier in place. I was looking for dowel today to try and make roundies but could'nt find any the right size.

get a bog roll and fill it with expanding foam      light and round and roughly the right size        could also make sausage wraped silage out of it