Tree's, bushes and grass.

JC

Question

19 answers to this question

Ive used a combination of quite finely shredded green construction paper (cut up paper into into thin strips and run horizontally through a paper shreader, and in addition mixed with some of that grass junk found in easter baskets. I find that this works best for field grass, not real great for lawns. :) :) :)

model railway shops ;)  as long as your trees dont get over 17 foot tall ;D

have a look in the hoby catalogues there are some great things in them

also EMA  a god above gods for this sort of stuff

For trees, model railroader use fine wire twisted around a nail so it can be planted into the scenery. the trunks of the tree is then covered in plaster to hid the wires, when dry painted the desired colour

The branches are then sprayed with glue and sprinkled with coloured flock.

http://www.armorama.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=135

http://www.xs4all.nl/~raicho/mcorner/trees/trees.htm

http://www.xs4all.nl/~raicho/mcorner/trees/trees.htm

i used that lychen stuff for my hedges although they do sell a great wire version but they are 4 quid each for 15cm, as for trees only got the britains oak trees ect there,although i my try some ema ones soon,grass and gravel areas are just oo track balast ect glued down,works ok so far

For tree trucks, very cheap, very easy .. . Paper. Take a sheet of A4, instead of rolling it up neatly do roughly so you get folds and creases in, cut to desired lengths and do the same, just smaller for branches. Pulling out bits here and there for limbs. Also, on the Scaloox site he mentions using dried weed roots turned upside down and stuck on a pre-made (be it yourself or bought) trunk.

how about his for an easy , no cost hedge 

i was given this tip from a chap at work who's into trains & he uses  moss from a wall

stuck to some small batton or wrapped around a length of wire , then when it dies & goes brown ,just give a light spray of green paint  :)

For tree trucks, very cheap, very easy .. . Paper. Take a sheet of A4, instead of rolling it up neatly do roughly so you get folds and creases in, cut to desired lengths and do the same, just smaller for branches. Pulling out bits here and there for limbs. Also, on the Scaloox site he mentions using dried weed roots turned upside down and stuck on a pre-made (be it yourself or bought) trunk.

did you get a blue peter badge for that then tris ? :D :D