Long wheel base Land Rover

super6

One of the members was interested in seeing the Khaki LWB LR so here is mine along with the other farm based LWB LR's. They are all boxed although I haven't shown them. First up the original LR

IMG_4636.jpg

The blue one

IMG_4635.jpg

The Khaki one

IMG_4631.jpg

IMG_4630.jpg

IMG_4634.jpg

All together, check out the reg number compared to the earlier versions, its not to clear though.

IMG_4633.jpg

There is, possibly, a green version, based on the military body I should imagine. Very easy to make your own although a bit expensive. A member on here has one, photo/s please, pretty please!!!!!!!!!

The first time I saw a long wheelbase I thought they were just a terrible toy but the more I look at it the better it seems, the steering front axel must be the best part, was this ever added to a SWB landrover ? And if it was are these very rare? You seem to have a great little collection of them Paul anyhow :)

I don't think the SWB LR ever did have the steering, it was a quite complicated system for the time and consisted of a lot of fiddly components, the Britains lorries employed a very similar system but all in plastic. There was a set that contained the blue 'home farm' LWB LR and the blue and pale brown plastic horse box with brown horse I believe as well as those pictured. Number plates on them were BTN 68 I seem to recall.

Thanks for digging those out Paul. The plinth box looks unusual. Does it have a date printed on it?

This is part of a window box and dates from between 1971, when introduced, to end of 1974 when deleted

I don't think the SWB LR ever did have the steering, it was a quite complicated system for the time and consisted of a lot of fiddly components, the Britains lorries employed a very similar system but all in plastic. There was a set that contained the blue 'home farm' LWB LR and the blue and pale brown plastic horse box with brown horse I believe as well as those pictured. Number plates on them were BTN 68 I seem to recall.

Reg. on these is  MAC 68 F on the two blue ones and MAC 68 L on the Khaki one

Can you get spares for these then ?? I have one but both doors are missing , I thought I had seen some white metal ones somewhere just can think where if at all

I was under the impression that Brian Norman does spares, probably with exception to the lights/indicators

Archived