Jan Veenhuis JVSK silage trailer

Here is one of my latest additions. It was build from a building kit offered by Farmmodels (Henry Selten) exclusively for LCN members. The building descriptions were covered by their member magazine Agritoy over the period of a year. I was lucky enough to have a friend of me, Ben van Oosterhout, assemble, paint and finish the model for me. This is the end result tied up to one of Martyn Reeve's Ford 9700's. Nice weather so time to clear the chimney stack!

IMG_3204_2Kopie_zps85766ec1.jpg

IMG_3209_2_zps669cf9d5.jpg

The model is build from polystyrene.

IMG_3194_2_zpsc55106ec.jpg

Wheels come from ROS.

IMG_3184_2_zps2d4da6c2.jpg

IMG_3188_2_zps5a7e31a6.jpg

The hand build chassis. I believe some parts from ROS's Joskin trailer.

Joe: I think it does excist but wonder if it ever went past prototype stage: http://www.agrifoto.nl/foto/Oktober%2008/P1140935DesktopResolutie.jpg Think the idea was to make a slurry tank more useful but in reality never really worked out. Do know of a contract (actually same one as in the photo) who had a Kemper on the front and would have a bunker chopper. Not a succes, was soon sold but don't know why.

Sean: It has a load capacity of 18 tonnes or nearly 36m³. Here's more info: http://www.veenhuisnorthamerica.com/ag.htm

Thanks everyone for the replies. Of course these all have to go to Ben for building it!

Nice model you have there Niels.

I was fortunate to work together with Henry and the rest of the team on this version of building your own!

This example is one of the best i seen so far....my compiments to the builder.

About the chassis!  The only ROS parts are the axles and wheels...al other is scratchbuild...

Sjonnie: Thank you for the explanation. Ben said it was very straightforward to build. The only issue he had was the greedy boards which started to bend when he fitted them. You can still see the back board isn't 100 percent straight. He made some himself instead.

Bas: I do, up my attic ;D

Archived