my convos and scratch builds

hi folks been meaning to do this for a while but eventually got photobucket to play ball and let me upload pics to it from my mobile, as I take all my pics with it and it saves me linking it to my laptop, well here they are

John Deere 535 mower with a few tweaks and a full respray so it all one colour,

DSC_2743_zpsc57b6c7a.jpg

DSC_2744_zps247f86fe.jpg

DSC_2745_zps68b8d7f5.jpg

next up is a scratch built John Deere 1365 mower I did for myself

DSC_2825_zps5871e46f.jpg

DSC_2826_zps72436ae6.jpg

DSC_2827_zps846065f4.jpg

John Deere 3350, removed beacon and repainted the roof, sprayed wheels with jd yellow, added front linkage and weight frame and New beacon

DSC_2846_zpsa882c058.jpg

DSC_2847_zps7fa12193.jpg

DSC_2849_zpsb6604b63.jpg

also can switch rear wheels if on the spread plate for slurry

DSC_2852_zps330405da.jpg

thanks folks the wheels are from Brian at cdmodelz.net Barry, really are great

Oh hang on....................

.............Yep, ive got 6 pairs of those in my parts box  :lol:  :lol:

Cheers Mark

nice work Mark,and another question for you,your one of several people saying you have sprayed the roof of the jd tractor,can i ask why,is there a fault with the roofs?

hey Paul, the reason why I have painted the roof is because once you remove the beacon you are left with a mark where it been, and I think it looks prity crap with just a dab of jd green over where the beacon was, so masked off the cab and painted the whole roof mate

How do you remove the front wheels from the 3350? As I would like to spray my 33's wheels as well

hi hugh, the front wheels just cover the front hub with a piece of dumpsters and get a set of long nose pliers and pull the hub off then the a screw holding the front wheel on, rear ones you need to twist and pull like hell, but can try soaking on warm water to melt the glue abit that holds the axle in, getting the tyres off is the biggest pain because of the plastic being so hard, I managed to get a small flat heading screw driver and run it round the rim and pop the tyres off, hope this helps

How do you remove the front wheels from the 3350? As I would like to spray my 33's wheels as well

hi hugh, the front wheels just cover the front hub with a piece of dumpsters and get a set of long nose pliers and pull the hub off then the a screw holding the front wheel on, rear ones you need to twist and pull like hell, but can try soaking on warm water to melt the glue abit that holds the axle in, getting the tyres off is the biggest pain because of the plastic being so hard, I managed to get a small flat heading screw driver and run it round the rim and pop the tyres off, hope this helps

hey Paul, the reason why I have painted the roof is because once you remove the beacon you are left with a mark where it been, and I think it looks prity crap with just a dab of jd green over where the beacon was, so masked off the cab and painted the whole roof mate

got you mate,thanks for replying

thanks Jamie, very much appreciated, got a good few more things I've got to get photos of, will try get them up next week

• 2 weeks later...

build I have started, doing this one with and old ertl 3350 I had first before I go and do it with a Britain's one, will upload photos when go more done on it

large_JF20JOHN20DEERE20265020j_zpsb49541

thanks folks, 2650 been put on the back burner atm till I get other things done Paul, I will get some pics of the 2wd 6100 for you jdeere 6910

Archived