Veenhuis 4 axle slurry tanker

Here is my latest addition to the fleet. Another fantastic home made model done by a good friend of mine. As usual he used a local (real) example to get inspired. Hence it also carries decals from the contracting company that runs this impressive machine. It's build out of plastic, alloy and brass. Apart from the wheels it is all home made and home sourced. The decals were designed and printed by Farmmodels. It doesn't have a rear linkage or spread plate as it is solely used to transport slurry from the pit to the field. Hence why it has an discharge pipe at the top, to empty the tank in a field size slurry container.

Anyway, pictures speak a thousand words:

IMG_2982_2Kopie_zps9b6eb740.jpg

The real combination usually has a Fendt 930 or 936 in front. I intend to put Weise-Toys' Fendt 930 in front but for now it's an JD 8530.

IMG_2993_2Kopie_zps05fc9623.jpg

All four axles steer. The real machine has Michelin Cargobib tyres. These had to come off the UH Joskin dump trailer but were unobtainable. These are examples of ROS Joskin models. I must add the axles, chassis etc.. is all home made nothing from Ros there!

IMG_2987_2Kopie_zps89cd57b0.jpg

I don't know the capacity but it's huge! For the tank a PVC pipe of 70mm was used. The front and rear have been closed off by the butt ends from New Holland oil filter housings.

IMG_2990_2Kopie_zps1f99da42.jpg

All the details are there on the back also.

IMG_2998_2Kopie_zpsff01638d.jpg

All the details on the front. I don't know what they are for but it is impressive!

IMG_3001_2Kopie_zpsf96d2788.jpg

When the tanker is empty the front axle is raised hydraulically. Of course this is functional as well.

IMG_3013_2Kopie_zps9277ba51.jpg

And the last picture with the unloading pipe folded out. A slurry container is now on the list ^-^. Also a three axle self propelled slurry injector is currently being build!

DSC05341Custom.jpg

And the real deal. I will put a PTO on her and some hoses just to make it a bit more realistic when it is hitched up to the 930.

Paul: Certainly is yes!

Jdeere: Stability and can only carry so much weight per axle. The maximum weight of tractor and trailer is 50 tonnes over here. For trailers if the axle is driven the allowed weight is 11.5T and for non-driven axles it's 10T per axle.

The current 4 axle model that Veenhuis build carriers 33m³: http://www.veenhuis.com/product.asp?productID=593&pageType=products&categoryID=110&pagename=Premium%20Tanks

• 2 weeks later...

Archived