Britains Cattle Lorry Unusual Colour Cab

autoway

sorry wrong lorry above milk tanker in this one

photo_zps641150cd.jpg

They look like a re-paint as there are no chips on the paintwork and the stickers are new looking and i know they re-produce these stickers.No sign of this model in any catalogues.I might be wrong?

I don't think they are repaints as I have seen a few of them now the paint finish is the same as the other britains lorrys I have. the one I sold at spalding was not as good as these ones and was a little tatty. but I could be wrong but I would be good to know a bit more about them?

The paint work on the one on the left doesn't look very good to me...with the "orange peel" effect but maybe that is just being highlighted with the light in the photo. It will be interesting to find out more about this model since Britain's never seem to amaze us with colour variations ;D  ;D

I wasn't find fault with the photo but I have a thing about "orange peel" paint work finish. When looking around vintage and classic tractors at shows it is amazing how many folk manage to achieve this effect and personally I think it looks terrible and have never managed to achieve that sort of finish myself....well not yet ;D  ;D

• 2 weeks later...

This looks similar to the one from the late 80s set #9631 with livestock and manger, though the bed on that was greeny-blue as well. I wonder if someone hasn't played mix and match with a standard red and blue cattle truck?

This looks similar to the one from the late 80s set #9631 with livestock and manger, though the bed on that was greeny-blue as well. I wonder if someone hasn't played mix and match with a standard red and blue cattle truck?

That version was definitely green and not a blue green

• 2 months later...

Whilst going through the large Britains collection we have coming up in our Feb auction, we came across this version of the Britains Cattle Lorry. I've not seen this colour variation before. Obviously based on the Tipper lorry cab. Does anyone have one or have any information about it? It looks genuine to me rather than a cut and shut

post-3-0-09440800-1421306046_thumb.jpg

Whilst going through the large Britains collection we have coming up in our Feb auction, we came across this version of the Britains Cattle Lorry. I've not seen this colour variation before. Obviously based on the Tipper lorry cab. Does anyone have one or have any information about it? It looks genuine to me rather than a cut and shut

Yeah Andy i dont think Britains ever did one of these cattle trucks in this colour.This is what you call a code 3 model in my view were someone has done a conversion and put the model back in the original box.

I tried to contact that guy on facebook about the red one andy, he did reply but was very vague about where it came from , so I didn't bother as I suspected it may be a conversion, the cab on those is very very easy to swap, just a gently pop with a screwdriver ,you could do it without a mark on the paint or damage

Archived