Dan's Britains unboxed collection

autoway

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

All looks great Dan, so good to see models out like that, the pictures with the implements on and the excavator loading the trailer and the police land rovers remind me how our local toy shop displayed Britains in the 70's, I used to save up my 50p's for helping my Dad at work and bike to the toy shop, spend ages staring at the layout in the cabinet and buy whatever I could afford. Looks great, nicely displayed.

Thank you Charlie. I know want you mean the toyshops used to know how to catch a child's eye mine and by the sound of it yours I think they used to have a lot of charm. I would like to set my hole room like a toy shop but It would mean less on display so I have a few shelf's set up.

Thanks Justin Yes they are up and running tend to put a battery in them every few months

Charlie I think the displays by the year is the way to go. I am having some back drops made at the moment for my cabinets in the Britains style  hope they turn out well.

Paul was the display a modern one or the old type?

Yes can see it Paul, that's the way to show it, our local shop was known as the red shop due to its front colour, loved it, Britain's paradise back in the day. That's where my collection started. I guess these days it's so commercial shops don't want to ruin stock by getting them all out of their boxes. One day, one day! When I have the space and time!

Dan the cabinet back drops sounds good, would love to see them when all done.

Nice collection there Dan.Its were my collection started from a toy shop that displayed Britains Farm Toys.The cabinets that are in my collection are actually from the toy shop i used to buy from and the pictures are in my collection pages.Looks good and keep up the good work.

Yes can see it Paul, that's the way to show it, our local shop was known as the red shop due to its front colour, loved it, Britain's paradise back in the day. That's where my collection started. I guess these days it's so commercial shops don't want to ruin stock by getting them all out of their boxes. One day, one day! When I have the space and time!

Dan the cabinet back drops sounds good, would love to see them when all done.

we have 2 model/toy shops in my nearest town of tavistock,one does not sell any farm models any more,the other sells loads of siku,but very little  britains

Archived