case headers.

weblet375

Look on page 40 of Walter derwents harvest action in real farm talk, and you will see some pictures of this header I took in 2013 on a claas lexion Andy. Perhaps Joe can link the page for me, as I don't know how to do it.

No sooner said than did,ha ha!,Chris,http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/topic/12621-walter-derwents-harvest-action/page-40

Regards

Joe.

Just drove past e doe at ulting.saw two 40 ft headers sitting in crates in there yard. They both have guide wheels on the back like in the usa.

I was in there today picking up a beet harvester and saw them to

Aren't CNH trialling 13.5m (45ft) US style headers for their new top models? i.e 9240 and CR10.90. These draper headers are already available for certain regions.

The 10.90 which placed the world record last year in the UK used a 13.5m draper header from NH which has support wheels on the back: http://www.mertz.dk/sites/default/files/styles/subpage-image/public/mediearkiv/topbilleder_sub/record_cr10.90_748x246_2.jpg?itok=E6RTfZ9U Don't know if anyone noticed. So I guess NH are now selling some? Up capacity on their top models and fight sales from Macdon. I think recent tests (MacDon have been in the UK for 5ish years now?) have shown draper headers will work with high straw crops but horridly expensive! Main advantage it's a lot lighter and better constructed than a conventional header. Feed should also be better?

• 4 weeks later...

Honey Bee drapers/ New Holland have been in some form of partnership back in the TX series era I suspect, I've a proper NH booklet with the 2 company's teamed up. 

If drapers were going to take off other than in the places you find them already eg: aussie lentil/cereal farms etc etc I'd of thought they would have done it before now. :- 

From my experience they are good when they are new but are heaps of maintenance once they get a few ha's under them as they have alot of moving parts, mind you if i'd sold an arm and a leg to buy one i'd tell myself it feeds sooooooooooooooo much beter than a standard front with wheels to steady it........IMO putting auto steer on a combine will give a much bigger out put boost across all crops and while the combine is driving itself you can watch the front more and get it feeding better.   

Check out cpm-magazine.co.uk Go onto back issues,September 2010.

Article on case9230on 40ft Mac don draper style header.

Will put some pics of the new Holland tx 66 with a 36ft honeybee draper header I ran in Alberta,Canada in 2000.

Saw a video on YouTube of a case 9230 with a draper header in the uk.think it was a 45 ft..

Hi Andy just to add a comment to this discussion we have 4 of these Case IH Headers working in Suffolk and Norfolk this Harvest 1 X 45ft 2 X 35ft and 1 X 30 ft all

on Different size Axial Flow Combines they are now there own headers.

Should you not be lucky enough to see them working i will try and get some pictures and put them

on here, They have been supplied by Ernest Doe Power I just happen to be Sales Manager at the Framlingham Depot

hope this helps Graham. 

Hi Andy just to add a comment to this discussion we have 4 of these Case IH Headers working in Suffolk and Norfolk this Harvest 1 X 45ft 2 X 35ft and 1 X 30 ft all

on Different size Axial Flow Combines they are now there own headers.

Should you not be lucky enough to see them working i will try and get some pictures and put them

on here, They have been supplied by Ernest Doe Power I just happen to be Sales Manager at the Framlingham Depot

hope this helps Graham.

And a very GOOD Sales Manager

And a very GOOD Sales Manager

Hi Smithy Thanks for those kind words I hope you still think that when we spend time together at Chartres soon, Are you bringing that lovely wife of yours

to the Show hope so come and have a cuppa if you are. I know mf135 is ok because we caught up last week he has been very busy as you know

Getting everything ship shape for the Martyn's Farm Models stand at Chartres plus the Del Boy Table

hope you are well see you soon Goody. 

Should any Farm Forum members be visiting the Suffolk Show Wed / Thu this week come and have a drink on Ernest Doe Power stand.

PDC would love to see Dad if he's well enough to come Graham.

We will be up on Thursday Graham dad has been in hospital for nearly three weeks but is out now although he is only just getting about with a Zimmer frame Bruce Kerr and Guy Nichols have arranged a Gator for us so me and my brother can drive him round the show we will be sure to come and find you

Hi Smithy Thanks for those kind words I hope you still think that when we spend time together at Chartres soon, Are you bringing that lovely wife of yours

to the Show hope so come and have a cuppa if you are. I know mf135 is ok because we caught up last week he has been very busy as you know

Getting everything ship shape for the Martyn's Farm Models stand at Chartres plus the Del Boy Table

hope you are well see you soon Goody.

Thanks for the invite Graham not sure what we are doing at moment but I hope to see you at the

SUFFOLK SHOW

Archived