Ernest Doe Power Rowtrac Magnum 380CVX Demonstration

smithy

I got invited to this demonstration today by MR GRAHAM GOODWIN  and what a great day it was apparently it is the only one working in the uk  at the moment the field was a wet and slippery grass/clover field but the tracks got good traction pulling a HORSCH cultivator

post-1115-0-50287100-1440533807_thumb.jp

post-1115-0-32507100-1440533952_thumb.jp

post-1115-0-80158300-1440534100_thumb.jp

post-1115-0-63630900-1440534281_thumb.jp

I got invited to this demonstration today by MR GRAHAM GOODWIN  and what a great day it was apparently it is the only one working in the uk  at the moment the field was a wet and slippery grass/clover field but the tracks got good traction pulling a HORSCH cultivator

Thanks Smithy glad you enjoyed your day,any forum members wishing to see the Rowtrac working weather permitting it should be in action by kind permission

at Braiseworth Hall Farms Tannington on Saturday 29th august from 8 am onwards.  

Thanks Smithy glad you enjoyed your day,any forum members wishing to see the Rowtrac working weather permitting it should be in action by kind permission

at Braiseworth Hall Farms Tannington on Saturday 29th august from 8 am onwards.  

Was a real good day Goody hope to get there Saturday as well so I can have another ride and a cup of coffee but wont say nothing about the bacon rolls more for me

Thank you Smithy

This may seem a silly question...But can them rear tracks be swapped around for normal rear wheels for road use ??? Just wondering cause tracked tractors in Ireland are very very rare !!!! Unless you give a trip to Bord Na Mona in the midlands. I would not know much about them... :laugh:  :laugh: Anything between 250 to 300 HP here is probably the biggest you well see 

This may seem a silly question...But can them rear tracks be swapped around for normal rear wheels for road use ??? Just wondering cause tracked tractors in Ireland are very very rare !!!! Unless you give a trip to Bord Na Mona in the midlands. I would not know much about them... :laugh:  :laugh: Anything between 250 to 300 HP here is probably the biggest you well see 

I don't now the answer to that but I would so no I will try to find out on Saturday as I hope to get to the 2nd demo that Does are putting on in this area there is some after-market tracks that can be swapped between what jobs you are doing but as this is new and designed for tracks I would say to much hassle to swap to wheels  

No they can't be swapped over this tractor is purposely build for tracks. Are Horsch cultivators and drills catching on in Suffolk? I always think of it as Väderstad territory still!

lots of horsch kit around East Anglian now Niels. Farmer near to us here had a new 12 meter drill this spring. vaderstad still has a big market share, but when it comes to re-furbishing a drill and carrier with new metal the cost is eye watering.

No they can't be swapped over this tractor is purposely build for tracks. Are Horsch cultivators and drills catching on in Suffolk? I always think of it as Väderstad territory still!

Well they certainly won't sell over here so if that's the case ...:):)

lots of horsch kit around East Anglian now Niels. Farmer near to us here had a new 12 meter drill this spring. vaderstad still has a big market share, but when it comes to re-furbishing a drill and carrier with new metal the cost is eye watering.

I guess they are popular yes with the CTF boys doing 12m drills or slightly smaller. However, the Horsch price probably is eye wattering as well? Not only for replacing metal I reckon but buying it in the first place! But maybe Vaddy are pricing themselves out of the market. Ah well everyone is buying a direct drill anyway nothing else needed!

thanks for the reply I did not think they could be swapped ,yes there is a few Horsch drills working around here but it is manly Vaderstad  drills etc at the moment but as they come up for replacement im sure that some more will be replaced with Horsch    

do you see many tracked tractors up that way then smithy??? , cant say I have seen any in my visits recently , a lot more tracked combines, and a few cat tracked machines, but not any like this  

I only now 2 tracked J/D around me properly more that I not seen yes lots of combines on tracks and Challenger machines but not seen any tracked tractors with front wheels here but I did see two up Spalding way planting bulbs   

Be intresting to see if it takes off, its always struck me as a werid combo, normal fronts with tracks at the back, tracks all round or a cat makes more sence , i am surprised you cant swap them for standard rears if required, i am guessing tracks makes the thing slower so its far from a idea tractor for any carting duties over a distance

I guess they are popular yes with the CTF boys doing 12m drills or slightly smaller. However, the Horsch price probably is eye wattering as well? Not only for replacing metal I reckon but buying it in the first place! But maybe Vaddy are pricing themselves out of the market. Ah well everyone is buying a direct drill anyway nothing else needed!

two farmers that I know, one with a claydon, the other with a horsch sprinter, are getting land ploughed as there is loads and loads of chopped straw this year and the direct/ min till approach isn't working.

Be intresting to see if it takes off, its always struck me as a werid combo, normal fronts with tracks at the back, tracks all round or a cat makes more sence , i am surprised you cant swap them for standard rears if required, i am guessing tracks makes the thing slower so its far from a idea tractor for any carting duties over a distance

Cats are good but when turning on headlands you can scuff them up badly so do tracked J/D Quadtracs steer round which also gives full traction when turning as cats slow one drive motor down or stop it all together so you only have drive one side the other good thing about tracks and wheels is that all 4 stay on the ground on uneven surfaces   

I think it will Sean. Standard machines on aftermarket tracks are not really meant for it. You need to take great care into not breaking anything! Case have beefed up the Magnum and purposely build it for tracks. Diesel tank etc all formed around the tracks hence swapping to tyres is not needed. I think they certainly are onto something but it will only take off once JD have copied it in 20 years time. ;D

We might see one on Gs land (10,000 acres) as they currently run..........(Deep breath)   Quad 620, Challengr 775e, 765d, 765c x2, JD 8345rt,  Puma 230, 215 both on soucy tracks,  and several smaller CASE maxxum and JD6030s on soucy tracks!!!!!!! 

Archived