JOHN DEERE 7310R

bluegreen

I received my new John Deere 7310R in the post yesterday and was pleasantly surprised..................its a definite improvement on the old 7R model and excellent value for £18.50 :)

On the plus side............No wonky exhaust, wing mirrors etc,   Better front light decals that are correctly fitted and not "hanging off",  excellent bold yellow JD decals on bonnet all well stuck on.............Surprisingly good turning lock on front wheels.

In Cab detail is of a very high standard, much better than Siku...................wheels and tyres aren't too bad but they will be modified by me in the upcoming convo >:D

The minus side........The tracking is still too wide on the rear wheels.........although its spot on for the front wheels.

The front and rear fenders are both a bit too wide, but that's better than them being being to narrow isn't it ::)

All in all its quite decent and theres plenty on it I can easily improve further.......................its not a Wiking and hopefully they will make one too, but if they don't I can make this one up to an acceptable standard. 

Pics

post-743-0-03030000-1442064229_thumb.jpg

post-743-0-60722800-1442064244_thumb.jpg

post-743-0-39421700-1442064257_thumb.jpg

post-743-0-74713100-1442064270_thumb.jpg

Again its kinda let down by the front linkage overall.. But its more aimed at the carpet farm than the collector .. One thing I notice with these front linkages on Britains tractors... Britains actually never had an implement made to suit this front linkage... Its only good for Siku implements..But why are Britains making provisions for implements from their main rivals on their own tractors...?? Britains are encouraging customers to purchase Siku front implements by putting these linkages on their tractors !!! Aint that kinda strange ! ! :-

wasn't yours  Paul , it was a good few years back ,few years after ftf started I think  , full wiking linkages front linkage , all sorts I think they may have even extended the wiking chassis to use , I am sure I saw it in the flesh at spalding one year to, I just can not remember who did it , you would have sworn it was a wiking production model in-fact .

I did a Wiking Job on a Siku 8360R a couple of years ago.

Ive actually bought another siku 8R to canobilize for the 7R and have to say that the Britains isn't that far behind in overall quality..................granted the siku has a nice painted metal bonnet and good wheels and tyres but that's it !   The Britains has a way better cab ,inside and out............its just a shame they haven't fitted a metal bonnet as well...........they've fitted the new and old magnums with one, and the old 7930 got one too, so its a bit disappointing.

Dont think it was yours either mate, this is really bugging me now, think the same guy did a mounted sprayer for it, along with other conversions , it was displayed on a layout to, i am pretty sure i saw it at the first spalding show i went to on the ftf stand i helped on , in a competition andy ran , oo i am so not going to sleep tonight now >:( till i remember it or who did it .

I would know it when I saw it, i have been hunting for it,it was a real high quality wiking 6930 conversion into a jd 7??? even the finish paint wise was factory looking, got a feeling it had ertl 8530? rear wheel hubs, the precision ones , it was close to the Italian guys stuff we see at Zwolle in terms of detail it had ,

Archived