Removing UH plinths

smallclaas

Question

6 answers to this question

5 hours ago, MadMark said:

Your right there Justin, for some reason they do over tighten some screws, I find if you do gauge  the screw head a dremel comes in handy with a cutting disc to make slot for a flat head screwdriver. Also be careful where you hold the tractor as you might brake bits off it as some tractors can be a bit fragile.

Yeah .. Right there Mark. Happened me with one of the UH TWs ...and it was abit of a job to get it off.. Had drill off the head ..

I have found them easier to remove with a small flat head screwdriver, no matter what Phillips one I use they seem to round out the heads, the ones I use fit fit across the Phillips head and seem to grip and turn them out better, I sometimes wonder if they are not driven in to hard, but stick/jam on the paint that's run into the hole on the underside ?  Guess there's no way uh can plug them before paint,and again no way they would pay someone to clear the holes before they screw them down

I got a small Draper Expert philips screwdriver and I haven't had a problem with UH models ever since. It is a perfect fit, and the handle has great grip and is big enough to allow you to get loads of torques going.

Before that it was hit and miss with the dremel upgrade to flathead being required on occasion.

Archived