Kubota buy's Great Plains/Simba

ertlerik

Thay are going to have to increase the power of their tractors to pull a 6m Solo cultivator, 130hp isn't going to move it very fast. What is the betting that they are going to announce the purchase of a high Hp manufacturer very soon, ideas anyone?

10 hours ago, robbo said:

Thay are going to have to increase the power of their tractors to pull a 6m Solo cultivator, 130hp isn't going to move it very fast. What is the betting that they are going to announce the purchase of a high Hp manufacturer very soon, ideas anyone?

They have a 170 hp tractor now ;) I did here the Buhler Versatile name mentioned a few times on US forums :rolleyes:

DSCN0411.JPG

13 hours ago, robbo said:

We were talking to the Kubota rep at the Great Yorkshire Show the year before last and he said they were planning to go up to 220ish HP, if I remember correctly. I presumed it'd be done in house rather than buying out a different company.

• 4 years later...
On 10/16/2020 at 3:41 AM, weblet375 said:

Does anyone know what the widest set of discs simba did.

in terms of traditional dicks I believe the widest was either 5m or 5.5m.  They did though make a 10m Xpress.

This link has a list of the majority of recent products made by Simba with.the parts books 

https://www.greatplainsint.com/en/manuals/1622/simba-tillage-manuals

Archived