whats your latest farm/construction buy 2017

Tractorman810

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎30‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 5:47 AM, Valley Axe Man said:

Great to see your still adding to your collection there Smithy, some nice buys, Chris seems to have had a good spend too 8) 

Thanks Paul yes still adding bits here and there

On ‎30‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 8:28 AM, jmd said:

matt will be jealous smithy he was hoping to get them at spalding but nobody had them

Yes I thought Matt would be on the lookout for them but he did get some mccormick stuff at spalding :rolleyes:

On ‎30‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 4:33 PM, chris.watson said:

Cheers mate. I thought you would have had a Hubert plough as agri hire are just up the road.

Not asked the price of the Hubert plough my mate Jeremy Waspe works there and quoted me a price on there demo 5 furrow Dowdeswell which was not a bad price but still a bit more than I care to spend at this moment but watch this space

On ‎30‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 1:10 PM, Barry said:

Will be interested to know the wheel and tyre dimensions of the X8, they look nice for putting on other models :)

Will wait to see if a cheap one comes up from the guys in China on eBay

If I get time tomorrow to get to my lockup I will measure the wheels and tyres

1 minute ago, smithy said:

Not asked the price of the Hubert plough my mate Jeremy Waspe works there and quoted me a price on there demo 5 furrow Dowdeswell which was not a bad price but still a bit more than I care to spend at this moment but watch this space

Look forward to it mate. Writtle farm machinery offered us a brand new 5 furrow dowdeswell on dds bodies for 9k a couple of months ago.

4 minutes ago, chris.watson said:

Look forward to it mate. Writtle farm machinery offered us a brand new 5 furrow dowdeswell on dds bodies for 9k a couple of months ago.

The one I got quoted on was on dds 4/5 furrow cant remember the no on the plough but I think the headstock would take up to 220hp disk on rear furrow and was near to 14k but Dowdeswell was still in business at the time so maybe a bit more discount on them now I do like dowdeswell ploughs as they are strong but might go for something a bit lighter my mates Rabe Eagle is a good plough

5 minutes ago, smithy said:

The one I got quoted on was on dds 4/5 furrow cant remember the no on the plough but I think the headstock would take up to 220hp disk on rear furrow and was near to 14k but Dowdeswell was still in business at the time so maybe a bit more discount on them now I do like dowdeswell ploughs as they are strong but might go for something a bit lighter my mates Rabe Eagle is a good plough

Rabe are a good plough, had one on a farm I was at years ago on slatted bodies. Dowdeswell parts production have just moved into a lot smaller space on the old premises, and I wonder how long they will actually trade for in the future, which will make getting spares hard if they fold up. Agri - hire will have to supply parts for their ploughs, so maybe they will get them patterned somewhere else.... Who knows. Look into a kverneland plough aswell smithy, they are very strong... They don't look it, but they are. Make sure it's on 28 boards though, great for wider tyres.

37 minutes ago, smithy said:

Yes I thought Matt would be on the lookout for them but he did get some mccormick stuff at spalding :rolleyes:

he did and very pleased he was to:)

4 minutes ago, chris.watson said:

Rabe are a good plough, had one on a farm I was at years ago on slatted bodies. Dowdeswell parts production have just moved into a lot smaller space on the old premises, and I wonder how long they will actually trade for in the future, which will make getting spares hard if they fold up. Agri - hire will have to supply parts for their ploughs, so maybe they will get them patterned somewhere else.... Who knows. Look into a kverneland plough aswell smithy, they are very strong... They don't look it, but they are. Make sure it's on 28 boards though, great for wider tyres.

Ok thanks

On ‎30‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 1:10 PM, Barry said:

Will be interested to know the wheel and tyre dimensions of the X8, they look nice for putting on other models :)

Will wait to see if a cheap one comes up from the guys in China on eBay

Don't now if these pictures help at all Barry ,I would say the front ones are 55mm across and 20mm wide rear are 68-70mm across and 27mm wide depends on where you measure as tires have that inflated bulge on the side walls and where the tread meets in the middle looks to be slightly higher than the outside   

20170504_103831.jpg

20170504_104045.jpg

20170504_104200.jpg

20170504_104215.jpg

Archived