whats your latest farm/construction buy 2017

Tractorman810

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, MadMark said:

I didn't know it was so big, got a tractor on it's way for it should be here tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Paul Palmer said:

oh what you getting Mark,i must admit it is a big sprayer,but talking to an amazone guy 250 hp up front if hilly, else 150/200hp tractors are fine

I have it in cheaper Siku form - not a bad model though the Wiking much better.  Surprised a tractor such as a JD 6630 could handle it (not my photo)

So by that reckoning I put my XTX on the front!

997677b.jpg

27 minutes ago, CX820Joe said:

I have it in cheaper Siku form - not a bad model though the Wiking much better.  Surprised a tractor such as a JD 6630 could handle it (not my photo)

So by that reckoning I put my XTX on the front!

997677b.jpg

Can easily handle it Joe. As others have said, unless you have steep ground, a smaller tractor is fine. 5000 litre sprayer will only be approx 5 ton of water, 2 or 3 ton for the sprayer and that's it really. Booms are alluminium, tanks are plastic etc,etc.

On 04/03/2017 at 10:11 PM, Paul Palmer said:

can you give us a rough idea of what you have planned Pete? and the stile,i take it that it fits with the old britains stone wall?

Yeah it does, I'd never seen one before but think it's fairly good. Idea is small yard, sheep mainly. Also got a few horse.. hoping for field to slope up from the yard and mainly stone walls. Having issue on tractor choice though

26 minutes ago, chris.watson said:

Can easily handle it Joe. As others have said, unless you have steep ground, a smaller tractor is fine. 5000 litre sprayer will only be approx 5 ton of water, 2 or 3 ton for the sprayer and that's it really. Booms are alluminium, tanks are plastic etc,etc.

its a 12000 litre sprayer not 5000 litres,unless you put that just to show the weight of 5000 litres,still a big old lump

8 hours ago, MadMark said:

Just picked this up, As Paul upgraded to a self propelled sprayer, his old one made the journey to Suffolk. Thanks Paul

IMGP2493.thumb.JPG.e44eef60b2040922cec631c4bc1f7666.JPG

It's a fair lump of sprayer but booms look small or is that just how it looks

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

Yeah it does, I'd never seen one before but think it's fairly good. Idea is small yard, sheep mainly. Also got a few horse.. hoping for field to slope up from the yard and mainly stone walls. Having issue on tractor choice though

look forward to it Pete

9 hours ago, Paul Palmer said:

its a 12000 litre sprayer not 5000 litres,unless you put that just to show the weight of 5000 litres,still a big old lump

Yes Paul, 5000 was just an example. I think that the Amazon tops out at around 17 odd ton or thereabouts. You are limited to towing a trailed sprayer in this country to a reduced speed, can't think what it is off the top of my head, my sprayer has a 20  mph sticker on it. A half filled sprayer is a nightmare at high speeds , load insides just doesn't sit still.

4 hours ago, chris.watson said:

Yes Paul, 5000 was just an example. I think that the Amazon tops out at around 17 odd ton or thereabouts. You are limited to towing a trailed sprayer in this country to a reduced speed, can't think what it is off the top of my head, my sprayer has a 20  mph sticker on it. A half filled sprayer is a nightmare at high speeds , load insides just doesn't sit still.

according to amazome the total weight loaded is 23 ton (23000kg) and its shown as a 50kph speed limit to?? 

5 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

according to amazome the total weight loaded is 23 ton (23000kg) and its shown as a 50kph speed limit to?? 

So the sprayer weighs 11 ton empty? That's amazing. As for the speed, Gav might know better, but the bloke that tests our sprayer every year told me once that loaded with chemical, the sprayer had a max towing speed. But the big Amazon will maybe have air brakes, so it may be able to go faster, who knows. In the uk, max trailer weight on a car licence is 18.29 tons. So the sprayer isn't within the law on a car licence surely? Max train weigh is 32.5 ton I think, and 40kph max speed. Put the 23 ton sprayer on a 250 Hp tractor which weighs, say 9 ton, and you are over the legal limit, except on your way back to the farm with an empty sprayer. By the way, we are going a bit of topic here Sean my old mate:police::police: edit.... Just found it on the gov website, any trailed farm implement, except trailers on commercial axles, on uk roads must not exceed 32k, or 20 mph in old money. 

1 hour ago, chris.watson said:

So the sprayer weighs 11 ton empty? That's amazing. As for the speed, Gav might know better, but the bloke that tests our sprayer every year told me once that loaded with chemical, the sprayer had a max towing speed. But the big Amazon will maybe have air brakes, so it may be able to go faster, who knows. In the uk, max trailer weight on a car licence is 18.29 tons. So the sprayer isn't within the law on a car licence surely? Max train weigh is 32.5 ton I think, and 40kph max speed. Put the 23 ton sprayer on a 250 Hp tractor which weighs, say 9 ton, and you are over the legal limit, except on your way back to the farm with an empty sprayer. By the way, we are going a bit of topic here Sean my old mate:police::police: edit.... Just found it on the gov website, any trailed farm implement, except trailers on commercial axles, on uk roads must not exceed 32k, or 20 mph in old money. 

Close Chris:

Maximum train weight for agricultural vehicles is now 31 tons

Maximum trailer weight remains at 18.29 tons as you stated, no relationship to a car licence there though. 

Tractor speed for conventional wheeled tractors is 40 kph when running solo, but 32kph/20mph at all other times, unless as you've correctly stated, the trailer has commercial axles. 

The JCB Fastrac and MB Unimog are the only two type approved tractors for high speed travel on the road that we have within the UK. The 65kph Fendts are not type approved for travelling above 40kph in the U.K, one reason being each wheel is not independently sprung, therefore it would be a big slap on the wrists if stopped for doing maximum speed in one. 

6 minutes ago, Gav836 said:

Close Chris:

Maximum train weight for agricultural vehicles is now 31 tons

Maximum trailer weight remains at 18.29 tons as you stated, no relationship to a car licence there though. 

Tractor speed for conventional wheeled tractors is 40 kph when running solo, but 32kph/20mph at all other times, unless as you've correctly stated, the trailer has commercial axles. 

The JCB Fastrac and MB Unimog are the only two type approved tractors for high speed travel on the road that we have within the UK. The 65kph Fendts are not type approved for travelling above 40kph in the U.K, one reason being each wheel is not independently sprung, therefore it would be a big slap on the wrists if stopped for doing maximum speed in one. 

I thought so Gav.  I mentioned the car licence, as I thought for some reason above that weight you needed an hvg class licence.

4 minutes ago, chris.watson said:

I thought so Gav.  I mentioned the car licence, as I thought for some reason above that weight you needed an hvg class licence.

Not as yet, there was a round 2 of weight increases in discussion but this has currently been abandoned unfortunately. It was meant to allow for larger trailers but was likely to have come with some form of MOT for the vehicles, no bad thing if it did in my opinion as I see some real nasties out there on farms in my day job now. 

13 hours ago, chris.watson said:

i remember that Chris,haulin the old bowser around,very unstable if not full

4 hours ago, chris.watson said:

figs came of the amazone website, but was in german, but i know enough to decrypt it ;D;D speed did seem high mind

1 hour ago, Paul Palmer said:

this lovely wiking claas scorpion bought from CX820Joe,thanks Joe

claas scorpion 001.JPG

Glad your happy with it Paul

There's a little plastic part hidden away in the box - a sort of wedge shape, but I don't know what its for!

10 minutes ago, IAINH1973 said:

Got my dad to pick up a rickerby show model today.Wiking claas jaguar 860 with show livery this year. will post a pick when i get it.

i wont hijack your post Iain,but some on ebay,pictures there if anybody cant wait for your picture

Archived