Expanding my collection

Steve P

Hello all, in the past i have purchased mainly britains plus a few UH 1/32 models for my collection of mainly late 70s to early 90s tractors. I have recently decided to expand my collection using other model firms, my recent purchases being replicargi's fiat 1180dt and renault 981-4, recently i also forked out for a lovely Mb-trac 1000 from weise toys. My question is while trawling the net finding the best prices for the more expensive schuco and weise models i noticed a massive range in prices, i am keen a aquire a schuco jd 4755, fendt 626lsa, weise mb-trac 1500 and a weise schluter 2000, but trying to find one at a resonable price is proving difficult. Finally who is the best out of schuco and weise?

Regards

Weise toys for me are the best. They are spot on for detail, and very rarely make a cock up of any dimensions. Schuco are good, but are getting a bit pricey, but then again, with sterling on the slide, all models will be going up a bit.

my advice in your search is to keep a look out on all the dealers websites, and eBay will be your best bet to find obsolete out of production models. People sell up, or thin out their collections and eBay will be where they usually appear. 

When it comes to price comparisons, you will have to do plenty of searching, make notes and then make a decision. 

Websites to consider are udimoretractorshop, g&m farmmodels, scalefarm.com, 1:32.com, brushwood toys, farmmodels, etc,etc.

martyn reeve, mf135 on here is a good shout to get in touch with as he often finds obsolete stuff on his travels.

it sounds like that by expanding your collection, you are heading into the more expensive makers of weise,schuco and wiking. Put some WD40 on your wallet, you are going to need it mate.:)

much the same detail wise for me, but as chris said schuco are getting very expensive of late, worth keeping an eye on amazon for weise toys as pretty often of late sellers seem to have a sale on them, have had several top end models of there at half price or less ,madmarks usually the first to spot them 

Sean is spot on there with the Weise stuff... keep a watch on Amazon for Weise . I have got Weise tractors there for bargains as have other members here on the forum. I have seen very cheap Replicagri models also on Ebay from a few  sellers in China & the postage is alright considering they are coming half way around the world . Outside of Ebay & Amazon ..I find G&M and Tractor Connection have very good prices . Dave Towse is one of the best for Britains .. 

Thanks chaps for the advice, now i know where to look and already i have seen some reasonable prices on some of the sites you mentioned, looks as though i got the fendt 626 and schluter figured out though it seems a schuco jd 4755 will be a bit more tricky to find. I will still keep collecting the britains and uh stuff but i will splash out now and then. It is so nice to have so much to choose from. 

Archived