What really annoyed you today

The little I have seen of it - so do I.  But then MS does awful things to HTML - you should see what WORD produces. Ugh! 

I'll stick to Dreamweaver even though it is expensive it works superbly. 

Can I just change straight over d'you know Sue... if I'm gonna have to work on this myself I think I'm gonna need to upgrade :-\

Can I just change straight over d'you know Sue... if I'm gonna have to work on this myself I think I'm gonna need to upgrade :-\

OF course you can .  Frontpage requires "extensions" which many web hosts charge extra for. You can use any web creation program even on a so-called "Frontpage" site, you simply ignore the extension bit.  Simplest format is index.html in root with folders for pages and pictures.  Forget all the rest that Frontpage demands.

Dreamweaver is a professional web program complete with site layout and FTP and has a lot of bells and whistles.  I love it but I did take a course on how to use it.  I have forgotten a lot of it and must see about getting a refresher, especially with all the additons, such as Flash, which I do not have time to play with.

Call me if you need a better explanation.

OF course you can .  Frontpage requires "extensions" which many web hosts charge extra for. You can use any web creation program even on a so-called "Frontpage" site, you simply ignore the extension bit.  Simplest format is index.html in root with folders for pages and pictures.  Forget all the rest that Frontpage demands.

Dreamweaver is a professional web program complete with site layout and FTP and has a lot of bells and whistles.  I love it but I did take a course on how to use it.  I have forgotten a lot of it and must see about getting a refresher, especially with all the additons, such as Flash, which I do not have time to play with.

Call me if you need a better explanation.

Thanks Sue... I will. It's hard to believe that Microsoft haven't improved on Frontpage - I don't know anyone who likes using it.

And to add to my annoyance... I have a cold and I can't get into hotmail >:(

Thanks Sue... I will. It's hard to believe that Microsoft haven't improved on Frontpage - I don't know anyone who likes using it.

And to add to my annoyance... I have a cold and I can't get into hotmail >:(

Oer - I did not know hotmail was allergic to the cold virus...

Sorry - colds are horrible (and so am I sometimes)

You should make the most of it while you can i'd go back tomorrow  :( :( :( happy days  :) :)

Me too.......especially if it was the time when I went to school. Pre comprehensive schooling, ie Secondary and Grammar School era. The days when prefects roamed the corridors to maintain law and order, teachers commanded respect and politeness from pupils, and had the authority to deal with disruptive trouble makers,  education hadn't been "Watered down" with liberal thinking, correct school uniform had to be worn, teachers weren't bogged down with paperwork and restrictions on how they taught subjects, English language had to be spelled correctly, and the correct grammar used. None of this "It's more important a child expresses themselves, than spells everything perfectly or uses the correct grammar" It takes years to create an excellent education system like we had, and months to destroy it by allowing standards to fall.

My last couple of years at school were great, the teachers had our best interests at heart, treated us with respect and became our best friends too. I recently met one of my old school teachers when delivering heating oil. He remembered me and a lot of the pupils of my year, remembering a lot of personal information about us, especially the fact that we used to hide his MG Midget convertible during break times. We used to move it from one side of the school to the other, real teamwork with lookouts for hiding places, pushers and a driver. (Amazing memory.........I left school in 1969)

We had some fantastic times, fantastic teachers, loads of fun and hard work, short hours, loads of totty and hundreds of happy memories. What a life.  ;):):D :D

Me too.......especially if it was the time when I went to school. Pre comprehensive schooling, ie Secondary and Grammar School era. The days when prefects roamed the corridors to maintain law and order, teachers commanded respect and politeness from pupils, and had the authority to deal with disruptive trouble makers,  education hadn't been "Watered down" with liberal thinking, correct school uniform had to be worn, teachers weren't bogged down with paperwork and restrictions on how they taught subjects, English language had to be spelled correctly, and the correct grammar used. None of this "It's more important a child expresses themselves, than spells everything perfectly or uses the correct grammar" It takes years to create an excellent education system like we had, and months to destroy it by allowing standards to fall.

My last couple of years at school were great, the teachers had our best interests at heart, treated us with respect and became our best friends too. I recently met one of my old school teachers when delivering heating oil. He remembered me and a lot of the pupils of my year, remembering a lot of personal information about us, especially the fact that we used to hide his MG Midget convertible during break times. We used to move it from one side of the school to the other, real teamwork with lookouts for hiding places, pushers and a driver. (Amazing memory.........I left school in 1969)

We had some fantastic times, fantastic teachers, loads of fun and hard work, short hours, loads of totty and hundreds of happy memories. What a life.  ;):):D :D

wish it was like that :'( :'( :'( :'(

Me too.......especially if it was the time when I went to school. Pre comprehensive schooling, ie Secondary and Grammar School era. The days when prefects roamed the corridors to maintain law and order, teachers commanded respect and politeness from pupils, and had the authority to deal with disruptive trouble makers,  education hadn't been "Watered down" with liberal thinking, correct school uniform had to be worn, teachers weren't bogged down with paperwork and restrictions on how they taught subjects, English language had to be spelled correctly, and the correct grammar used. None of this "It's more important a child expresses themselves, than spells everything perfectly or uses the correct grammar" It takes years to create an excellent education system like we had, and months to destroy it by allowing standards to fall. ....

I couldn't agree more with everything you say.  I too, went to a comprehensive school.  One of the first, in fact. 

Brilliant system when a boy who could not read at 11 won a scholarship to Oxford at 17.  In fact, there were two in separate years.  Both were absolutely brilliant at maths and one in my year outstripped everyone else and was doing Pure & Applied in extra tuition when we were taking O level. 

Under the "old" system they would have been written off at 11 years old

The windows and doors are open here.... some pillock left the heating on constant in the offices all weekend, and the milk on the side in the kitchen, which is now like cheese due to the heat...  :-[:-[ ::)

my other half say's put brown paper down and run a heated iron over the brown paper and it should work as the resin will stick to the paper (do a small patch at a time)  :-\

Whats an iron?........I'm a man remember ::):D :D :D :D