What really annoyed you today

Our riding lawn mower. First time out this season and I make a few passes and it dies on me. I thought it may be the spark plug so I go to town and get a new one well they gave me the wrong one so I had to drive back and get the right one. Get that installed and it still wont run so I think it is the battery now. On top of that no one in town had a oil filter in stock so I can change that now. When it rains it pours I guess.  ::)

Well I needed to get one for it's yearly maintenance anyways but as it turns out all it needed was charge on the battery. I needed oil for it anyways so my trip to town was not a waste.  :D I have to pick up a snow blade tomorrow from a guy who has a lightly used one for sale really cheep. It even comes with chains for the tires  :) From the picture it looks brand new, the guy says all the parts are there so I am hoping for the best. Even if it is missing parts it is well worth it, only $60 US for everything.

dont buy a spark plug ..take it out ,leave it in the lead put end against metal  frame , turn key and it should spark if not its knackerd

that's not actually true you know... a spark plug will jump the gap in ambient pressure.... but may be too weak to fire under the pressure in the combustion chamber.  For an accurate way to test the coil (or cdi unit) you can use a spart tester... this will have a gap of about 15-17mm from memory.  Im not sure that there is a way to test a spark plug - just clean it... check the electrode is square(ish) on the end.. gap it accurately and if it's not working.. throw it away

I went out for a ride on my Honda Dax (like a Monkey bike)  this after noon and whist going round a corner my valve ripped off the innertube on my rear wheel :o :o ::) ::) I kept on but had to push it home (about a mile) >:( >:(

I went out for a ride on my Honda Dax (like a Monkey bike)  this after noon and whist going round a corner my valve ripped off the innertube on my rear wheel :o :o ::) ::) I kept on but had to push it home (about a mile) >:( >:(

dear me mate at least you didnt come of mind eh

guy at works just restored his monkey bike, lovley metalic blue, sounds menatl as hes done something with the exhaust on it

I feel exactly the same Nick in my last two posting of pictures only 1 person has said nice pictures if it carrys on i just wont bother >:( >:(

Sorry to say this,but this forum seems to be stuck in a bit of a rut at the moment. While I spend more time on another forum now; I still look in regularly at this one and find that there is not an awful lot of new content (In the general discussion part) and there doesn't seem to be that many people on here especially at the weekends. Just look how many new posts there have been today.

It's like my restoration blog for my Albion truck; there doesn't seem to be much interest in that at all, but there are a few people it interests and that makes all the effort worthwhile as it does take quite a while posting pictures and trying to make sure I don't repeat myself too much.

I've had times on here when I've really wondered whether it was worth the effort, had people saying my posts were boring and irrelevant and out of date. I've had times when I haven't bothered to post at all, but I still keep coming back........ like ya do. Chin up, there aren't many people on in the daytime so maybe you will get the response you hoped for when it gets dark later and they haven't anything better to do.  ;):)

Re; Nick (7810 power ) ,Cerin (masseyboy) ,britainswomble (Will)

I understand what you saying about the picture's/post  but i don't think you can expect every member to reply to your post/ pics etc and just because people haven't replyed to your posts it doesn't mean we aren't looking at them just sometimes people have already said/added what can be written about the pic  ??? ??? then we get to the case where 8-10 people are saying the same thing all the time  ;) ;) :-\

Well the upper section of our garden was grass 2 years ago and we didn't think to put down grub fertilizer so we lost half of our potato crop. Well last year we put down the fertilizer and it was a good harvest. Well long story short the fertilizer was suppose to be guaranteed for two years and we dig the garden today and we see a grub.  ::) Well that will put us behind a few days now.

Re; Nick (7810 power ) ,Cerin (masseyboy) ,britainswomble (Will)

... then we get to the case where 8-10 people are saying the same thing all the time  ;) ;) :-\

Simon is talking sense.  I often do not post because there are already a dozen one-liners saying the same thing.  Sometimes there is an entire page of "lovely pics" or similar.  I enjoy looking at the photos and watching the progress of the project but unless I have something worthwhile to say I generally just look.  If you post without using photobucket every click on the photo to expand it registers as a view.

I agree also there have not been too many posts recently but I for one have been pretty busy all week and spent the entire weekend at a model exhibition - where only a 100 or so punters turned up over the two days!  So like the forum the show was not well attended and THAT ANNOYED ME. Are people on holiday?  Or perhaps they are making the most of the good  weather? 

I've not read the topics before Simons reply, but i can guess what they were about :-\, these guys have a point tho, not all will reply with the same, even us mods dont always reply , BUT we aim for members to try and be constructive with their replys giving some feedback as well...it does get a bit 'post happy for some members who just post the same reply as previous ::)

also remember, not all can see the pics at times?, i cant at work but have very little time at home, eventually i get round to replying, all be it many days later! and as the weather has been good, members may have been out enjoying it, as well as many members being busy these days :-\

dont let it get you down, continue to post them up, many enjoy without the need to reply  :) :) :)

for me, getting tiem on here sat only for some friends to come round!  >:( >:(>:(

Well.. I can only echo the above comments.  I know I have been very busy at work for the last few weeks.  With the recession hitting us businesses all very hard I have had to 'go back to basics' and get off my shiney bum and do some real work for a change.

Most of my FTF time is (was) during the day at my desk... or at home after the kids have gone to bed... alas... I've rarely been at my desk of late and with some 5am starts too I'm heading towards the land of nod by about 9pm in the evenings.  I am determined not to let us all at Histon Produce get credit crunched if I can do anything about it (obviously)...

I'm that knackered recently that I do view most of the topics.. to keep up to speed with what's going on.  But time doesn't always allow me the opportunity to stop at each one and post my usual waffle  :-[

In short... keep posting them up fellas (and ladies).. I, like the rest, do still appreciate your efforts - I've had many a topic that's not got many (or any) replies - I just don't let it get me down  :-\

i offered a out of work build some work doing some patios,fencing and stone walling and i told him how much it was paying and he said bugger that i would rather sit in the pub, >:( >:(

now i think £85 aday isn't bad as i don't need him but i thought i would help him and his family, i feel like shaking the little prat ;D . so when i see him in the pub going on about not having any money i will say to him in front of everyone what i think.

it makes me so angry >:( >:(>:(