What really annoyed you today

You have to be a moderator on here to have a little oblone thing Aunty Jo.. We've all worked on hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of hours of creeping, sucking up and generally 'loving' Andy the big cheese to get these new boxes...

Not to mention the 4 pallets of jaffa cakes paid in advance... dropped off in a disused multu-storey carpark late on night  ;)

Well you all definately deserve your marks of respect and so say all of us! :)

Limited company is only about £80 to buy Mandy... accountant's fee's can be minimal... why not form a company yourself...

As for VAT.. avoid it like the plague... start another company up in Spencer's name if needs be  ;);D:-*

Or.... Marry me and we'll put it all through Histon Produce anyway.. and split everything 50:50  :-*:-* ;);D

Thanks darling  :-*

Will have to think about marrying you, though cos I think I'm sposed to be marrying Frazer (not Spencer... not sure who he is!) last time I checked :)

Limited company is only about £80 to buy Mandy... accountant's fee's can be minimal... why not form a company yourself...

As for VAT.. avoid it like the plague... start another company up in Spencer's name if needs be  ;);D:-*

Or.... Marry me and we'll put it all through Histon Produce anyway.. and split everything 50:50  :-*:-* ;);D

I agree with Marky, (at least about the Ltd company bit) it would be the best way to get the deals done and there could be some benefits. 

Warning though - you would need to operate PAYE to pay yourself.  Talk to your accountant and get the benefit of his/her advice.

Mandy dear if the "pre-nups" say anything about "Red & Grey", run like ell!!!! :of

I agree with Marky, (at least about the Ltd company bit) it would be the best way to get the deals done and there could be some benefits. 

Warning though - you would need to operate PAYE to pay yourself.  Talk to your accountant and get the benefit of his/her advice.

Hmm - it's a toughie. Keeping up my accounts is struggle as it is - I just don't have a week to put aside to do VAT, PAYE etc. But, on the other-hand, so much of my business is overseas and Steve's just informed me that I have to be VAT registered in Europe :of  Lots to think about.

Thanks everyone for your advice :-*

Most days Alex.... when you've met her you'll feel the same as me... all I'll say is... join the back of the queue mate... the last time I looked it was somewhere around Glasgow  ;):D :D

Mandy is the FTF pin up girl... although it would be rude to mention her age (all I can say is that she's a different number to me... in an upwards direction  ;)  ) ... she LOOKS like she's 21-22... and I will add shes stunningly beautiful... on the outside AND the inside too  :-*

EDIT... I could have worded that last bit better... I mean she's beautiful on the outside... and she had a beautiful character as well...  :-[

Marky... even though you tell whopping fibs (or your rose-tinted glasses need a good clean)... I do loooooooooooooove you :-*:-*

ltd company....i may have to do that if i get any contract jobs :-\ , first though i'll try the umbrella companies incase its short term!

anyway, still no news or luck!, i thought being at home would be fun....its starting to looooooooooooooooooooose its appeal!!!

Well you all definately deserve your marks of respect and so say all of us! :)

Thats a very kind and flattering thing to say Auntie Jo... many thanks - you've made my day

Mandy... Spencer... Frazer... I can't be doing with remembering the name of the man who is standing in the way of me and my true love  :-*;D

Actually... seriously... Frazer is a nice chap... and if he makes you happy... he makes us all happy...  :-*

As for Ltd company... PAYE - sinch... get sage payroll and it does it all for you... JUST pay enough to cover your full NI stamp... take the rest as a Directors share dividend.. also... when you 'sell' your company to your new limited company you can enjoy a nice big lump of tax free earnings in your Directors loan account  ;):-*  (assuming the rules for that havn't changed... I THINK it's up to about £100k as well !) .. As for VAT... get Sage Accounts... then it's one press of a button each period end... simple as a pimple... honest gov... trust me.... I'm a doctor  ;):-*:P

Thats a very kind and flattering thing to say Auntie Jo... many thanks - you've made my day

Mandy... Spencer... Frazer... I can't be doing with remembering the name of the man who is standing in the way of me and my true love  :-*;D

Actually... seriously... Frazer is a nice chap... and if he makes you happy... he makes us all happy...  :-*

As for Ltd company... PAYE - sinch... get sage payroll and it does it all for you... JUST pay enough to cover your full NI stamp... take the rest as a Directors share dividend.. also... when you 'sell' your company to your new limited company you can enjoy a nice big lump of tax free earnings in your Directors loan account  ;):-*  (assuming the rules for that havn't changed... I THINK it's up to about £100k as well !) .. As for VAT... get Sage Accounts... then it's one press of a button each period end... simple as a pimple... honest gov... trust me.... I'm a doctor  ;):-*:P

Sage!! The most awful accounting program there is in my eyes! You want Quickbooks, this will do the same as sage and its alot simpler! As Marky said, if under PAYE pay yourself minimum to cover NI and then top up with Dividends when need to.  ;)

Sage!! The most awful accounting program there is in my eyes! You want Quickbooks, this will do the same as sage and its alot simpler! As Marky said, if under PAYE pay yourself minimum to cover NI and then top up with Dividends when need to.  ;)

Thanks for that Marky and Milo - I already use Quicken so I guess Quickbooks might be easiest for me.

And again mega thanks all of you for your advice - I think I know what I need to do now :-*

The rejected load of spuds we re-graded yesterday was rejected again because they were too bruised ::) ::)  con merchants spring to mind >:(

cant you bag em up and sell them on the side of the road Gav??! :) :) :)

computer spud clearly didnt work then gav :D :D :D

If you saw them then you would see why we aren't happy, I've seen much worse on the shelves of supermarkets.........the joys of there being too many spuds on the market at present. Computer spud never went on the grader, this has just lost the farm around £4000 :of

There's not enough money in it to make bagging them worthwhile Ben, as it is we've got about 50-60 tons of what they call mid size spuds piled in the barn, they're too small for the McCains contract but still plenty big enough for kitchen use

Its all time though Marky, annoying as it is we can't justify it, looking like the cows are going to be well fed this spring ::)

I guess so mate.. even stock feed is pretty much free to collect around here this year... spud prices havn't been this low for many years now  :of

Roll on next year.... they'll be higher then I guarntee it

Thats the annoying bit, it would have, in fact if it wasn't for the Single Farm Payment we would have to stop growing potatoes altogether as we couldn't afford to grow them for the price they are making at the moment given the amount of work that goes into them