What really annoyed you today

what was the wear like? even? centre? just one edge?

incorrect tyre pressures can also increase wear. worth getting all 4 corners aligned, and then checking the wheel balancing. but i guess if the pickup spends a lot of time carrying a full load then that could explain the tyre wear

what was the wear like? even? centre? just one edge?

incorrect tyre pressures can also increase wear. worth getting all 4 corners aligned, and then checking the wheel balancing. but i guess if the pickup spends a lot of time carrying a full load then that could explain the tyre wear

Its uneven wear, with the worst on the inside of the tyre Alex. Hard to see because of the shadow caused by the wheel arch. I think the previous owner swapped the tracking-damaged front ones with the rears, seeing how much better the front ones currently are.

I have been having trouble keeping the pressures correct, the ones given in the handbook look wrong after I've put air in ??? . (It doesn't help having them given in kilopascals..) Pretty sure it's not that though.

i have a tyre rotation sequence too, to be honest. having a front wheel drive car means the front tyres wear a lot quicker than the back ones, and i also have a set of winter steel wheels and a set of summer alloy wheels. sounds like a tracking realignment should sort it. as for the pressures, there are conversion charts online between kpa and psi.

i have a tyre rotation sequence too, to be honest. having a front wheel drive car means the front tyres wear a lot quicker than the back ones, and i also have a set of winter steel wheels and a set of summer alloy wheels. sounds like a tracking realignment should sort it. as for the pressures, there are conversion charts online between kpa and psi.

Yeah I did find some. I should use 4wd much more going up hills near us to relieve pressure on the front wheels. Doesn't help having so may potholes though >:(

old bugger who decided to park opposite my van while i was working and leave his car there telling me i would have to move if anyone came through? ??? , moved before that happened  >:( >:(>:( >:(  but he went out 30 mins later, so i put the van back, then coned of that side of the road, and put a few signs out, face was priceless when he came back, revenge can be so sweet ,poor bloke had to park 15 m round the corner from his house instead but the fuss he made was something like it was 2 miles

Some people really have no sense. 

I was following a car yesterday - there was one car parked on the other side of the road and the prat I was following decided to stop at that point!  There was not enough room for me to pass between the cars let alone the lorry coming the other way.  Prat had to move on (and I chuckled) >:D >:D

Finding out i have a new D.T teacher, the last one was the most amazing teacher i ever had, he took time to explain things in detail, and knew a bit about farming so we often ended up chatting about how i was getting on at work! Unfortunately he started to lose his hearing and had to retire early, but this new bloke just moans, and does projects which are entirely pointless, I WAS going to take D.T for gcse, but now he's here i've dropped it and taken a construction college course instead, was just really annoyed about it because i was looking forward to doing D.T, but i'm quite happy to do construction now i've spoken to a few people about it.

3 hour exam today, people leaving after 90mins, jokers. hope they fail. then my lecturer reading their papers while i was still in the exam making horrified gasping noises. fills one with confidence you know...

also phone has also started saving new text messages in random places throughout my 1000 message inbox. out the window with it.

oh and another 2 hour exam tomorrow morning. tick tock it's meltdown O'clock in the goon household...

Finding out i have a new D.T teacher, the last one was the most amazing teacher i ever had, he took time to explain things in detail, and knew a bit about farming so we often ended up chatting about how i was getting on at work! Unfortunately he started to lose his hearing and had to retire early, but this new bloke just moans, and does projects which are entirely pointless, I WAS going to take D.T for gcse, but now he's here i've dropped it and taken a construction college course instead, was just really annoyed about it because i was looking forward to doing D.T, but i'm quite happy to do construction now i've spoken to a few people about it.

JOSH WHAT EVER YOU DO DON'T DO CONSTRUCTION!

It's the most boring thing ever! you cut wood up thats it! or you lay 4 bricks or you measure abit of pipe! thats all you do!

JOSH WHAT EVER YOU DO DON'T DO CONSTRUCTION!

It's the most boring thing ever! you cut wood up thats it! or you lay 4 bricks or you measure abit of pipe! thats all you do!

It's either that or i spend all my D.T lessons in the behavioural unit because i've fallen out with the new D.T teacher, then spend 2 afternoons a week with a load of people i don't know doing leisure and tourism, i would much rather cut wood up and still get 2 gcses out of it

It's either that or i spend all my D.T lessons in the behavioural unit because i've fallen out with the new D.T teacher, then spend 2 afternoons a week with a load of people i don't know doing leisure and tourism, i would much rather cut wood up and still get 2 gcses out of it

True, but it's just very boring and easy, then when the end of year exam comes and you haven't covered anything in the test!  :-\

True, but it's just very boring and easy, then when the end of year exam comes and you haven't covered anything in the test!  :-\

ahh, well i'll have to see then, as long as i get the gcses for where i want to go i'll be ok, although that's going to be harder than ever as all my teachers are leaving because my school is closing down after my year leaves and merging with another school to make an academy, all sounds like a load of pish to me, so i'm probably going to have a load of textbook teachers  :-\

Still no Lantra RT Forklift certificate from the College, and now Lantra are telling me there is no record of me taking the test in the first place! >:(  I won't know what to tell my new boss next week...

something seems to have disagreed with me from tea last night, spent the night praying to the white bowl in the bathroom , and still feeling bad now, just pondering going back to bed infact

Oh dear buddy..... brush your teeth then before you do  ;D:-*

All set to replace the Golf this week when on the way back from the post office today, the turbo gave way. Certainly a very bad case of Sod's Law!  >:( >:(>:( >:(

All set to replace the Golf this week when on the way back from the post office today, the turbo gave way. Certainly a very bad case of Sod's Law!  >:( >:(>:( >:(

Oh no mate.. gutted for you - what had you planned to replace it with in the end ???

Secondhand part do for a 'quick fix' perhaps ???

vw/audi diesels have a reputation for turbo oil seals going and then they consume all of the oil....

a bit late now but after a long run in a turbo charged car, allow the engine to run for about a minute at tickover  before switching off. this ensures the longevity of the turbo. or you can buy a turbo timer to do it for you!

may not be down to long runs alex, it may be to do with the entire ftf stand from spalding fitting into the car sunday night, from me and trissys packing skills, when it took andy 3 trips to bring it all over , may have streched the old girls legs to far with that  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

vw/audi diesels have a reputation for turbo oil seals going and then they consume all of the oil....

a bit late now but after a long run in a turbo charged car, allow the engine to run for about a minute at tickover  before switching off. this ensures the longevity of the turbo. or you can buy a turbo timer to do it for you!

Sounds like Claas tractors that  ::)

Sounds like Claas tractors that  ::)

First I've heard of it, never hear of any turbo failures on them locally.

As for your Turbo Andy, thats certainly not an isolated incident, my ex workmate's 55 reg Seat tdi had the turbo blow on it last year at fairly low miles also the same week as he'd planned to change it. Definately seems to be the weak link on an otherwise solid engine.

As for what annoyed me today, some absolute cretin thought it would be amusing to pull our irrigation pipes apart at some point over the past 10 days, it was purely by luck that it was the first watering of the field today so I drove the line and spotted them. They picked their place so it was somewhere we might have not looked otherewise, halfway along a 500m run of them on one headland. Would have caused a lot of hard work had we not noticed and turned the main hydrant on >:( >:(

First I've heard of it, never hear of any turbo failures on them locally.

As for your Turbo Andy, thats certainly not an isolated incident, my ex workmate's 55 reg Seat tdi had the turbo blow on it last year at fairly low miles also the same week as he'd planned to change it. Definately seems to be the weak link on an otherwise solid engine.

As for what annoyed me today, some absolute cretin thought it would be amusing to pull our irrigation pipes apart at some point over the past 10 days, it was purely by luck that it was the first watering of the field today so I drove the line and spotted them. They picked their place so it was somewhere we might have not looked otherewise, halfway along a 500m run of them on one headland. Would have caused a lot of hard work had we not noticed and turned the main hydrant on >:( >:(

Happened on our Arion 640 at about 500 hours and the dealer said that's not the first time he's heard of it, the dealers were very good about it though.