What really annoyed you today

My boss  >:( >:(

So much so that I lost my temper with him  >:(

Not a pretty site  >:(

And I still fuming  >:( which is very rare  >:(

COme on Bazza.... kick your shoes off... hop on the couch... and tell us what the little scroat did to you.... Tris... climb up those steps and give him a massage  ;)

Well its gonna sound very trivia to you lot but here goes anyway.... Its very boring and I am very placid normally and pretty easy to get on with  ;)

As some of you know I am a Logistics manager for the biggest Electronics connector company in the universe  ;) so they tell me  ???

I basically look after all the sales boys & girls internally and externally and also the stores and one of the manufacturing units.

My boss (only been in the job 2 months) is out with my sales manager visiting customers today and he has rather a big ego to say the least  >:(.

Well all our parts are on a 12-16 week lead time to manufacture and despatch from placement of order  ;). Customer is giving him hard time about this and that moaning about pricing and lead times etc, he tells him for a reason that still I cant comprehend that we can make & despatch an order the same day in emergencys  :o :o :o customer laughs at him so tests the water and says ok then here you are then, I want these here tomorrow 20 items for JCB  :o :o

He hasn't got the guts to tell me this so he rings one of the internal sales girls at 15.00  :D :D :D who tells him absolutely no chance  ;) lets get the order first and we shall see what we can do  ;) his response is there will be no order a verbal communication from me will be enough as i am the boss  >:( Sorry mr P but that breaks Deutsch procedures and big bad Barry will lynch me  ;) good girl she is  ;) Well I dont care what he says I'm in charge and I say what goes. So she rings me and tells me the news  ;)

Basically we are 3 weeks behind the 12 week leadtime for all our customers, parts take probably 2-3 days to be manufactured and cured before they get to the despatch area  ;)

So I ring him and tell him the good news that it is impossible to which his reply is I dont care what you tell me this has to be done i have promised him now. Now Barry you have to understand that I am the boss here and you have to respect what I tell people and if I tell your team they have to do something... well they have too  ;) sometimes I don't think you understand whos in charge round here  ;)

I went nuts ........................... ;)

Sorry very boring but you did ask  :-[:-[

Well Bazza... like Tris says... jumped up little ***** springs to mind for me too.... Glad you let him have it mate... tell him... if he was ANY sort of salesman he would know NOT to promise a punter something he can't deliver... BANG goes his credibility I say...

Now Dr Marky says... do the decent thing and snitch him up higher up the chain of command...

And while you are at it.. remind him that you manage by consent and not by throwing your weight around... when you have to quote the "I am the boss" line... you have basically lost a reasoned arguement...

And I bet he has trouble satisfying a lady  ;D - Show him this post and tell him the FTF lads DON'T respect him  >:(

Now come and give me a cuddle  :-*:-*

Unfortunately his boss is the MD who loves him well basically brown nose comes to mind and drinking buddies and stuff  ;)>:(

Trouble is I have to try and keep the morale up as the whole mob know what a W**k** he really is  :-X

Never mind its nearly Marky time  :-*:-*