What really annoyed you today

Poor Mandy get well soon  :-*:-*

For me was smashing pallets to make them into fire wood and as i smashed one piece it flew up and one of the nails went straight into my hand, quite deep and was a rusty nail ... so ran to the bathroom and threw barrel loads of TCP on it and a bit of cream ..  :-\ Just in case  :) :)

Thanks Nick (at least somebody cares :'().

Hope your hand is okay sweetheart :)

Spent all day yesterday working a rest day for loads of dosh!! Came home to find that even after a lovely day the builders had not turned up. That now means the garden will not be finished for MGU's summer holiday - he breaks up today!!! >:( >:(

work!!!.....why dont people think before they send out instructions that dont make sense then moan to each other about it for hours!! :D :D

oh well theres more to life than petty little squibbles! :D :D

My car service bill....

?461 - without the oil that I had to provide as they don't use fully pathetic or whatever it's called... the oil was ?65 for 5ltrs as well  :o

Oh... and a few weeks ago I paid out for new brake pads... my service report said new pads in 5k as well  :o :o :o :o - I am now throwing an anchor out of the window instead  :D :D >:( :'( :'(

My car service bill....

?461 - without the oil that I had to provide as they don't use fully pathetic or whatever it's called... the oil was ?65 for 5ltrs as well  :o

Oh... and a few weeks ago I paid out for new brake pads... my service report said new pads in 5k as well  :o :o :o :o - I am now throwing an anchor out of the window instead   :D :D >:( :'( :'(

You should be used to that after driving Land Rovers as well ::);D:D :D

My car service bill....

Oh... and a few weeks ago I paid out for new brake pads... my service report said new pads in 5k as well  :o :o :o :o - I am now throwing an anchor out of the window instead  :D :D >:( :'( :'(

how many miles on thos epads mate??? that doesnt sound right despite the way you drive ,i would have the syatem checked mate,

get it checked mate, my van was doing front brakes like a looney,500 miles odd a set, insisted they checke dit, and the sensor that balanced the front and rears wasnt working, so all 3 ton of it was stopping on the fronts only,not as extreme as a car,but 1500 miles still aint right i would say

get it checked mate, my van was doing front brakes like a looney,500 miles odd a set, insisted they checke dit, and the sensor that balanced the front and rears wasnt working, so all 3 ton of it was stopping on the fronts only,not as extreme as a car,but 1500 miles still aint right i would say

Thanks Sean... I will get it looked at I think mate.... I usually get 10k out of a set of pads  :-\

My car service bill....

What the hell did they do to it for that sort of money. I think you and I should have a good look at your bill. Maybe if I'd charged half that much when I had my own workshop, (3 1/2 years ago) I would still be in business today. Most of the services I did on something like a 90's Esquirt  (Sh**boxes)  without doing anything more than brake pads; rarely came to more than a hundred quid.

I always based my retail prices on what you would pay for something from a car accessory shop or motor factor. Some garages charge you more for topping up your battery and screenwash than you would pay for a five litre can of the same in somewhere like Tesco's. Sundry items is another rip off. Garages rarely use sundry items these days. It used to cover things like split pins, battery top up, brake fluid top up, cleaning materials, the odd nut and bolt etc. I think I wouldn't mind paying a modest environmental disposal charge for hazardous waste, but I'd want anything like that itemised. Sounds like they had yer pants down. :o::):D

thats about right, even a looney should get more than what your getting, especially as yours are prob expensive spec ones anyway

Expensive... you are not kidding mate... over ?200 for the fronts alone  :o - that's pads only  :o>:(

What the hell did they do to it for that sort of money. I think you and I should have a good look at your bill. Maybe if I'd charged half that much when I had my own workshop, (3 1/2 years ago) I would still be in business today. Most of the services I did on something like a 90's Esquirt  (Sh**boxes)   without doing anything more than brake pads; rarely came to more than a hundred quid.

I always based my retail prices on what you would pay for something from a car accessory shop or motor factor. Some garages charge you more for topping up your battery and screenwash than you would pay for a five litre can of the same in somewhere like Tesco's. Sundry items is another rip off. Garages rarely use sundry items these days. It used to cover things like split pins, battery top up, brake fluid top up, cleaning materials, the odd nut and bolt etc. I think I wouldn't mind paying a modest environmental disposal charge for hazardous waste, but I'd want anything like that itemised. Sounds like they had yer pants down. :o::):D

You are not kidding BW.... they only did a 30k service... oils (all) (the engine oil I supplied myself) , spark plugs and thats it really.... I was charged for sump plug seals and wipers as an extra as well  :o>:(:D :D

They have you over a barrell these days.... to maintain my warranty i have to stick to a Subaru dealer - so as you say... I may as well loosen my belt and trousers before I get in the door  :D :D

well so far today I've had an ebay buyer wanting to know where his item was not even 3 full days after it was sent by standard parcels :-\ worse than that I'm currently prising a dutch harrow frame off my table where the glue has done too good a job  ::):D :D :D :D

well so far today I've had an ebay buyer wanting to know where his item was not even 3 full days after it was sent by standard parcels :-\ worse than that I'm currently prising a dutch harrow frame off my table where the glue has done too good a job  ::):D :D :D :D

Poor you, Gav... who'd sell farm models for a living hey ::)

PS You could always sell the harrow with the table - kind of 'Buy one harrow... get this table free'! ;)

not having a good day then mate?

Not at the minute, about to get worse too, just had a call from work, can I go and bale up some barley straw if its dry enough in half an hour...........I'm allergic to barley ::)

Not at the minute, about to get worse too, just had a call from work, can I go and bale up some barley straw if its dry enough in half an hour...........I'm allergic to barley ::)

well if you've had the rain today like I've had here then I dont think you'll be going mate ;)