What really annoyed you today

very thing was fine till it went in to computer shop , so going to ring them tomorrow.

they have prob messed with the settings, did they do a complete re-boot/re-install??

got home last night to find someone had nicked an old car i had sitting at the farm, it was only a car for going through the fields but it had some tools in the boot, the girlfriends house keys were in it, so now might have to change the locks and i was going to scrap it before i go to spalding or toytrac this year for some cash for models  >:( >:(>:( >:(>:( >:(>:(

De-install it and load AVG free ... I use it on all my PC's and it's great - it's got an automatic update procedure as well... Not so "ram resident" or whatever the geeky expression is these days  :-[

http://free.grisoft.com/doc/28415/lng/us/tpl/v5

How did that anoy you marky? sounds help full to me, ( i use AVG and its realy good)

u not got broadband mandy??

Yes, we have Sean... but I was installing one of those Hub thingies that you can put your telephone through as well. It's been brilliant so far - much faster modem, excellent wireless (despite all the granite walls) and much more stable connection than my old one :)

Yes, we have Sean... but I was installing one of those Hub thingies that you can put your telephone through as well. It's been brilliant so far - much faster modem, excellent wireless (despite all the granite walls) and much more stable connection than my old one :)

i just got one of those, still need to get the settings to get the free phonecalls from it over eves and weekends though, must do that monday

Green heads would not leave me alone when I was out on the BEETie mobile cutting the grass, have to wait until the August full moon for the higher tide to wash out their nests.  :(

Green heads would not leave me alone when I was out on the BEETie mobile cutting the grass, have to wait until the August full moon for the higher tide to wash out their nests.  :(

sorry tim, whats a green head mate ??? ??? i know what a beetie mobile is but green heads lost me :D :D

sorry tim, whats a green head mate ??? ??? i know what a beetie mobile is but green heads lost me :D :D

its another term we need to learn in the UK/US language barrier Sean e boy ;) ;)

come on Tim, what is it??, some kind of grass living bug ???:-\ :-\

its another term we need to learn in the UK/US language barrier Sean e boy ;) ;)

come on Tim, what is it??, some kind of grass living bug ???:-\ :-\

A green head, more commonly known as a horse fly, is a salt marsh dwelling bug that likes to sting practically any humans that may have invaded their space. I live about two miles away from the salt marshes in the Northeast coast of MA, so the area is infested with them around this time of year. They have a rather tough shell, you literally have to take a hammer to one to kill it!  :D :D :D

In the August full moon, all of the green head nests on the salt marsh get washed away by the high tides, killing most of the population. As the nights begin to get colder towards the end of August and the beginning of September, the rest of the green heads typically die due to the cold temperatures.  :)

Here is a picture of one borrowed from Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Horse_fly_Tabanus_2.jpg