What really annoyed you today

I agree with you Sean VOSA will pull anything, even better up here as their station is on the otherside of the road from where I work  ::) ::) Do you have to fill in a daily vehicle check list where you work Mandy?

Yes we do fill in a checklist - and sign it - ie admitting that we know the vehicle isn't MOT compliant. But if we don't work, we don't get paid - so it's difficult to stand up and refuse to drive them :-\

vosa aint intrested ??? i find hard to belive, i would have thought those vans of yours are the same near as to what we drive, so top weight is 3.5tons the chassis plate should tell you that , stir up a hornets nest that way, and the old bill, prob with them is they will say its your responsibillity to say no to driving it if its unsafe/road worthy, not the company, other option, e-mail or phone call to the main asda office up north or where ever with your complaints, being forced to use un road worthy vans ect, and raise the concers that way

vosa aint intrested ??? i find hard to belive, i would have thought those vans of yours are the same near as to what we drive, so top weight is 3.5tons the chassis plate should tell you that , stir up a hornets nest that way, and the old bill, prob with them is they will say its your responsibillity to say no to driving it if its unsafe/road worthy, not the company, other option, e-mail or phone call to the main asda office up north or where ever with your complaints, being forced to use un road worthy vans ect, and raise the concers that way

Yes that's correct - but this is the second time I've phoned them and they said it's down to the local authority. Have phoned them and they say they can't do anything either ::) Brickwall >:(

They have repaired one van so far... progress I spose

Thanks for your support guys. Trouble is when you know that your colleague is going out an hour and half late because you're not back it's very difficult. I ended up going out with one of the girls on Friday night because if I hadn't she wouldn't have got back until late at night.

I will tackle this though because I'm horrified at the working practices and way this company treats it's staff. So any info on official bodies I can contact would be most welcome.

Now Mandy darling how come you cant just flutter those beautiful eyes and flirt your way out of it, seemed to work with ole Simon or Lord Fartunson every time :D :D :D

well I been gone you know there should be some allowances, and how many numpties do you have HUH.... :D :D :D  Im sitting with ZERO  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

You Mean you were thats gotta be one for replying to a post from over to years ago  :D :D :D

Re: What really annoyed you today???....well last few days!!!

the blooming weather!!  >:( >:(>:(...nothing but rain so no farming action >:( >:(>:(

Join the club Ben - but I'm happy as I am at work ;D - better take up late next week when I am on holidays ::)

same here i wondering if it ever going to stop raining

Same here - went out last night about 5 and knew barley wasn't 'fit', grain 18%. Going down steep hill blocked drum, stripper rotor and rotary separator solid.......then it started to rain - just spent most all morning inside the combine (blah!) and just had a shower. Upside is the drier works.  ;D

Same here - went out last night about 5 and knew barley wasn't 'fit', grain 18%. Going down steep hill blocked drum, stripper rotor and rotary separator solid.......then it started to rain - just spent most all morning inside the combine (blah!) and just had a shower. Upside is the drier works.  ;D

Oh not so good John.... I trust Snob is doing fine  ???

Did you get distracted John - take it the old TX doesn't growl when it starts to block the drum ;):D :D

Did you get distracted John - take it the old TX doesn't growl when it starts to block the drum ;):D :D

No Colm, just the speed monitor alarm on rotary separator and about half a second later rumbling followed by squealing of belts  ;D ;D The straw was a bit damp and on the hill the walkers couldn't clear it quick enough.  :)

No Colm, just the speed monitor alarm on rotary separator and about half a second later rumbling followed by squealing of belts  ;D ;D The straw was a bit damp and on the hill the walkers couldn't clear it quick enough.  :)

is it getting that close to ruin that you need to try and cut it then john??? know loads down here is starting to go brown from rot now where its been wet, lucky few got done in the weeks dry spell, but not that many, must be 50% of fields untouched arround the plymouth area

is it getting that close to ruin that you need to try and cut it then john??? know loads down here is starting to go brown from rot now where its been wet, lucky few got done in the weeks dry spell, but not that many, must be 50% of fields untouched around the plymouth area

Oh dear nice smell anyway John - bet the neighbours were talking :D :D - in fact I bet you just pulled out to be first in your parish :D :D :D;) ;)

I wouldn't have thought its that close to ruin Sean - I remember we cut Spring Barley one year in the last week of September after an August like this and still got a decent yield considering (2.25 tonnes per acre I think). Most crops are still standing which is quite a help although oats could be a problem if this rain keeps up with it shedding. At least its not too mild so crops will not be sprouting yet