What really annoyed you today

I think I'm a revolutionary waiting to happen... I'm rapidly losing patience with this frankly SH*TEY country ::)>:(

Now Sue - this is a normal reation to having had a damn good time with some of the best people you could ever think of. Cerin's been a bit like it since he got home!

... The otherside of the coin is facing life at that age without the freedom of driving - that must be awful too - however you can't go around putting others seriously at risk. Maybe us older lot should start paying into a 'young (and hunky?) chauffuer fund' for our old age??!! ;D

Sorry Sue -Looks like I am in 'numpty-risk zone' eeeek...

Got too excited about the car boot sale!

Shhhhh.  Don't mention the N-word.  I'll keep quiet but the mods are eyeballing all posts! 

So what happened at the car boot sale?  Did you sell some of Cerin's collection for a large profit?  Now that would really annoy him (especially if you kept the profits!  ;D )

My SatNav holder's "leg" snapped at the base.  Wouldn't mind but I was driving when it simply fell off.  I managed to tie it to my phone holder and continued my journey.

Good old Halfords had a suitable PDA holder to replace it. 

What annoyed me today... where do I start  >:(

2 loads of topsoil today...

Load 1...

Down a long, bending lane in a cul-de-sac.. cars parked on the road... had to reverse all the way down (very steep hill as well) - Inch perfect to the cars wing mirrors... lowered the bucket to miss a tree sticking out over the road... concentrating on the trailer in the mirrors... when I got out - I'd sideswiped a Lady's fence post with the bucket - it now tilts at about 75 degrees to the ground  :-[

Load 2...

I'm in a rush to load up and bring it back to the yard as the builder wants it first thing tomorrow morning... I unhook the trailer - poke the tipping pipe in the connector that Bailey kindly supply to 'stow' it out of harms way - don't need that tonight I think to myself smugly - just brakes and lights on the way home.  Loaded up... radio on... back window open... halfway home I loose reception on the radio for 2 seconds and I can hear a ticking noise - so I pull over.. kick the tyres... check everything (well almost everything) is ok and I'm off again... I can still hear the ticking noise - but I'm in a rush... so what the hell... the wheels are still on and the tyres have air... the brakes work... so do the lights.

I pull in the yard and my neighbour says - did you know you were dragging your tipping pipe along  >:( :'( :'( :'(

£65 later now I have a new hose as the last one was a little 'frayed'  >:( >:( :'(

There's drivers... and there's screwdrivers  :-[>:( >:(>:( >:(>:( >:(>:( >:(>:( >:(>:(

Here is the nice man who sold me a new hose  :'(

IMAG0224.jpg

what a pillock  ::)

The vets bill for 10 minutes consultation, 5 pills and a syringe of paste :-\

They can be a bit heavy with the pencil  :)

There's drivers... and there's screwdrivers  :-[>:( >:(>:( >:(>:( >:(>:( >:(>:( >:(>:(

what a pillock  ::)

You said it, boss.  ;D ;D

Don't worry Mzz Twanky... we've all done it... I had one of the most aerodynamic brake line connectors in the country after one particular journey without the pipe plugged in ::) That being a different journey to when my tractor left my trailer behind at a junction, keeping hold of another brake line connector into the bargain... how embarrassing.... the driver behind looked baffled and cheesed off in equal measure for a few minutes.... :-[;):D

thanks lads.... that does make me feel better  :-[ :'(

Always plug cables/pipes in. If you make it a habitual part of hitching up you've covered your bum.

Another habit of mine to ensure safety. . . which noone else does where I'm working at the moment (and the reason I looked in on this topic today) is parking the telescopic with the boom down. Even more so with the bale spike or pallet tines on! The times I have come to it with either at head hieght!

Just sitting looking back on the week so far .

Monday:- Put the teleporter on its side into the ditch.

Tuesday:- Got completely bogged in about for times in the Jd 6410 (not enough HP)

Wednesday:- Done 3 load all day was completely bored stiff sat for 1hr 30 mins waiting on a load.

Thurday:- Every time i went to tip the dumptrailer the hose kept flying out of the spool valve

Things have to get better hopefully :-\