Nothing major, but just a bit of minor facelift on a 3140 and 3650. Painting the wheels improves these so much, I wish they would do it from new! Weights added to 3650 and correct type weights to the 3140. Might treat the 3650 to a better set of front wings at some time! Modelled on two that worked near me as a boy!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I Couldn't agree more Martin, especially if the tractor has yellow  or red wheels.....................with white, grey or silver its not quite as dramatic improvement I find.

I did the same to my 3650, although I did prefer the front wheels on the 3350 as they are a nicer design, but Britains didn't bother putting a front weight on the 3350 so I didn't buy one.

21 minutes ago, Paul Palmer said:

showing my ignorance here Alf,what is the chin weight?

If you look at a picture of an original Britains 3650 and the 3140 you will see a weight mounted just forwards of the front axle, not actually on the usual bolster

4 minutes ago, Paul Palmer said:

i take it you mean this bit Alf

s-l1600.jpg

Exactly, the little lump below the bolster, you need to remove to get the conventional suitcase ones on. I chose to cut them off as to remove otherwise you have to completely split the tractor, I didn't want to do this as the bonnets are in quite tightly and you can easily cause damage. 

Guest tedroosevelt21

the 40 series never had factory fitted  rear work lights  but if your happy with them on your model leave them on but for real authentic remove them

35 minutes ago, tedroosevelt21 said:

the 40 series never had factory fitted  rear work lights  but if your happy with them on your model leave them on but for real authentic remove them

Yes I know. I came to the conclusion of  leaving them on as wasn't 100% sure how tidy the job would be. Chickened out!!

• 1 month later...

I recently sold my 3650 as I was having a little clearout, but I just couldn't resist buying a 3350 to replace it with which imo was the pick of the six JD3000s that Britains released.  The 3350 comes with a front weight unlike the 3650 and better still has the 4 spoke front wheel rims (3650 has the six spoke) which appeared late in the 3000s run and were then carried over onto the replacement 6600 / 6800s.   I would go as far as to say that the six model 3000 series Deeres are Britains best ever models and they will probably never better them ! 

I still find it hard to believe that they produced such quality old JDs and then went and made the simply abysmal 6R models:-

1 hour ago, bluegreen said:

Heres my recently acquired 3350 with the four spoke front wheels all painted and new beacon and of course, the rusty manifold;D

I usually dirty the tyres on my models but I will keep this one in show condition for now.

P1050918.JPG

P1050919.JPG

Looking very nice Phil, I have two of those and on one I removed the front fenders as our real one on the farm on a "g" plate never had them when we had it new. The tractor was the frontline machine back then and we added an opico turbo to put it at 125hp...sounds lovely with the sun hatch open. She has done nearly 10,000 hours and all she has had mechanically is a clutch.

your right, these were britains best effort of a model in ages, but the international 956/1056 were equally as good in my opinion. Shame the db's didn't come out so well.

• 1 year later...

Archived