Paul Palmer's conversions

playing around with a couple different set ups for the 7930,to save cutting etc,as the 7310R wheels do not just screw on to replace the 7930 wheels,so tried the original 7930 wheels and 7310R hubs and tyres

john deere 7930 001.JPG

john deere 7930 002.JPG

john deere 7930 003.JPG

Edited by Paul Palmer

not really happy with that set up above as the 7930 wheels are not the same depth as the 7310R wheels,but i will have to cut the front axle stubs and pack the wheels with washers to fit the 7310R wheels,cant do that properly until the the jd 9530 arrives for its wheels,then i can sort out the track width,but i think this is the best option

john deere 7930 004.JPG

john deere 7930 005.JPG

john deere 7930 006.JPG

Edited by Paul Palmer

5 minutes ago, weblet375 said:

Hope you get the result you want mate. No doubt it will be better than what the original looked like.☺

thanks Andy, the biggest thing you can do is replace the wheels on this model,i have a set of jd 9530 wheels on there way,these will really make it look better

Edited by Paul Palmer

To be fair to Britians the John Deere tractors they make are really good, I know some may need a few tweaks here and there, but generally they are pretty good. Plus the extra detail and painting you add Paul really adds to the finishing touches. 

32 minutes ago, Wayne D said:

To be fair to Britians the John Deere tractors they make are really good, I know some may need a few tweaks here and there, but generally they are pretty good. Plus the extra detail and painting you add Paul really adds to the finishing touches. 

very true Wayne,the jd 40 and 50 series are very good,the rest are only  let down by their plastic wheels and the big 8030 etc by their very skinny front wheels/tyres

Edited by Paul Palmer
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fenside MF said:

your 40 and 50 series deeres look brilliant Paul,can't wait to see the 7930 when its done

cheers Jamie,how are you doing?anything on the go for you at the moment,model wise? i will do a little bit more to it tomorrow,but i dont think i will get the rear wheels for it until next tuesday

23 minutes ago, Paul Palmer said:

cheers Jamie,how are you doing?anything on the go for you at the moment,model wise? i will do a little bit more to it tomorrow,but i dont think i will get the rear wheels for it until next tuesday

doing ok mate,done a few new models just need to get in touch with henri for decals to finish them.can you recommend where to buy a toolbox like what you put on your 7930.

2 hours ago, Fenside MF said:

doing ok mate,done a few new models just need to get in touch with henri for decals to finish them.can you recommend where to buy a toolbox like what you put on your 7930.

try Dave towse Jamie,allthough i dont know where mine came from,it was one in my spares box

bit more done today,aerial,wheels sprayed and wheel nuts painted,cut off the britains front weight ready for a better one to be fitted,and i have painted in between the steps,britains moulded them as a solid piece,obviously the real steps have gaps between each step

jd 7930 pictures 001.JPG

jd 7930 pictures 002.JPG

jd 7930 pictures 003.JPG

jd 7930 pictures 004.JPG

jd 7930 pictures 005.JPG

51034898a.jpg

Edited by Paul Palmer
  • Like 2

Looking good Paul................Ive done a fair few of these 78 /7930 convos but somehow never got it quite right..................you are right about the wheels /tyres making the biggest improvement,  I used a set off an 8360r Siku in the end which were decent.  And a front weight and holder from "tractorium" as I recall (they still do them )................but the final bugbears were the britains wing mirrors (too chunky) and the "gold" colour decals which would look so much better in yellow;D..........like siku ones for example.    But there again where do you draw the line in the search for perfection:rolleyes:

thanks Phil,will see about the mirrors,im sure i have seen better ones,cant remember where!!!,the decals will stay,allthough you are right about them,i can say mine have discolured,it will have a 2011 numberplate,so i can get away with that