Paul Palmer's conversions

bit of spraying done today,a little tip i picked up is just to run a hairdryer over the bits you are spraying for 10/20 seconds im sure it helps the paint adhere,front of bonnet sprayed where the raised ford emblem was,chassis,wheels,wheel hubs and roof done,these wont be touched until tomorrow now

IMG_0834.JPG

IMG_0837.JPG

IMG_0838.JPG

IMG_0839.JPG

IMG_0836.JPG

• Like 5

The rear wheels are slightly different Paul, thinner on the UH than the Britains, i think the fronts are similar but can't be certain until I've checked down my shed tomorrow (i would have had a look now but it's pi**ing down here!)

1 minute ago, 844john said:

The rear wheels are slightly different Paul, thinner on the UH than the Britains, i think the fronts are similar but can't be certain until I've checked down my shed tomorrow (i would have had a look now but it's pi**ing down here!)

ok,thanks John,if you could check sometime,i have just bought a britains ford 6600 from ebay,but was wandering if the uh ford 5000 rear wheels and tyres would be a better option than the britains  6600 originals

1 hour ago, 844john said:

Hope this makes sense Paul! Personally I think the UH wheels would be a good alternative as they are a more detailed rim, but we're probably opening another can of worms here....

WP_20201004_06_42_19_Pro (2).jpg

oh thankyou John,and very detailed,looks like i will go for the uh rims,thanks again

after letting the paint dry properly i but the tractor back together,have to put the fuel tank back on the left hand side,still have to do the cab lights and cab grab rails,but im waiting for the brass rod to turn up for that,also waiting for the decals from Henri Walker and number plate and roof aerial,anyway here are some pictures,Imber/ros got the ford blue spot on as the ford rattle can matches it perfectly

IMG_0841.JPG

IMG_0843.JPG

IMG_0844.JPG

IMG_0845.JPG

IMG_0842.JPG

Edited by Paul Palmer
  • Like 5

the rear mudguards could be a bone of contention,but there was a transition period for the mudguards,when they were changed when the 40 series fords changed to new holland decals,at the same time as the lower steps were removed,but still looking on google i have seen the blue roof new hollands with 3 steps,but speaking to a local new holland dealer there were some very early blue roof new hollands with the older mudguards fitted

Edited by Paul Palmer

1 hour ago, Cheshire Farm Models said:

I really really like it Paul. I have a few of these lying around all with plans of making them into 6 cylinders but I'll definitely be keeping one aside to turn into a 7740 as this looks the part. Well done :)

thankyou Sam,yes i think the 6cyls are a popular choice on here

• Like 1