Paul Palmer's conversions

here is the britains jd 9530 i got off ebay unboxed and a mirror missing,i only bought it for its wheels,but seems a shame to throw it,i have checked and the wheels and tyres i took off the 7930 are exactly the same size as the 9530 wheels and tyres,so i can cheat and have the 2 wheels  on the 9530 and display the model with the 2 wheels showing on one side or try to do something with the 7930 wheels and match them with the original 9530 wheels,oh anybody got a 9530 mirror in their spares box please?

john deere 9530 031.JPG

john deere 9530 032.JPG

john deere 9530 033.JPG

john deere 9530 034.JPG

john deere 9530 035.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

john deere knowledge needed please,i can get a very cheap shuco 4955,but i prefer the 4755,only because i like the exhaust and air cleaner on the bonnet,i have had some spare parts sent to me by schuco,i know the steps are different on the 2 different 55 versions,are there any other differences apart from the steps and the exhaust positions,dont know why shuco sent me the front mudguards though

shuco john deere 053.JPG

Edited by Paul Palmer

3 minutes ago, MadMark said:

Think the steps was an optional extra Paul,like you could have on the 3650. Think they became standard when they gave the series a facelift and exhaust to side of cab before the 8000 series was launched.

ok,so looks with the parts schuco have sent me i can have the exhaust and air cleaner on the bonnet and remove the 4955 steps and put on the ones schuco sent me,thanks again Mark

429308-4955-john-deere.thumb.jpg.6e22f25c9c10ef6153fb602a97a2fe49.jpgjohn-deere-4955-10-1.jpg.c0985c806631aa16692d3c0d0cd304b4.jpgrear mudguards are different on side mounted exhaust 55's. They have a square work light instead of the round one on the front and they have mudguard extenisions at the rear.

Edited by simong
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, simong said:

rear mudguards are different on side mounted exhaust 55's. They have a square work light instead of the round one on the front and they have mudguard extenisions at the rear.

Thanks simon,but i have seen the 2 different mudguards on the exhaust on the bonnet and the side,this is what i mean by opening a can of worms,i will get the schuco 4955 remove the big step and side exhaust and put on the exhaust,air cleaner and steps from the 4755

Edited by Paul Palmer

i have looked on the internet,and please tell me im wrong,i cant see a tow hitch on the schuco 4955,surely thats not right,i can see the 3 point links,but no hitch,if the hitch is there it seems set a long way back on the tractor? i can see it has a euro style tow hitch

schuco-john-deere-4955-model-traktora-132_5.jpg

Edited by Paul Palmer

I dont really want to be chopping/cutting a schuco up to make it uk spec,allthough i do have a spare wiking rear jd 3 point linkage,but dont know much about schuco,if they are easy to take to bits or not

Edited by Paul Palmer

7 minutes ago, catkom3 said:

Don't know what the rear of the 4955 looks like,but farmmodels nl do a hitch for John Deere which includes hitch's for steering on triax trailers,https://www.farmmodels.nl/Webwinkel-Product-33786841/20821-Black-Onder-Trekhaak-Zwart-met-dubbel-oog-met-2x-stuurstang-aansluiting-(I)+(O).html

Regards

Joe.

thanks Joe

Next project,Britains john deere 6150R,britains front links removed,wheels and tyres off,Britains must be using different plastic/rubber,as the tyres were easy to come off,as was the axle,the rear tracking is miles off,so will sort that,going to a local JD dealer tomorrow to get the correct yellow for the wheels,like Bluegreens 6155R convo i will put on wafer weights as seen out and about and at my local jd dealer,wafer weights seem to be more popular than the block weight on these small jd's

britains john deere 6150R 001.JPG

britains john deere 6150R 002.JPG

britains john deere 6150R 003.JPG

• Like 1